Sony A7 IV Beach Elements Cause Camera Issues?

f2bphotography_

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Robert
Hello all, just got back from doing a photoshoot in the Dominican Republic. Much of the shoot was on the beach. First time shooting in a beach setting. My question is, should I be doing something right now with my A7IV to make sure no sand, etc. got in it? Does it need to be cleaned?

Thanks,

Rob

Welcome to the forum Rob.
I find that taking pics at the beach, I always got a fine mist of salt water on the lens, but otherwise I didn't have my camera anywhere near the sand for that to get in. I also kept my camera in a drybag when not in use. So other than a lens wipe, and a camera body wipe (with a microfiber cloth) I didn't need anything special.

Did you swap your lenses a lot at the beach? that's really the only red flag I could think of that would mean a deeper cleaning might be necessary.

Welcome to the forum Rob.
I find that taking pics at the beach, I always got a fine mist of salt water on the lens, but otherwise I didn't have my camera anywhere near the sand for that to get in. I also kept my camera in a drybag when not in use. So other than a lens wipe, and a camera body wipe (with a microfiber cloth) I didn't need anything special.

Did you swap your lenses a lot at the beach? that's really the only red flag I could think of that would mean a deeper cleaning might be necessary.
Thanks for the response. No, I just used one lens ( my trusty 24-70), so no lens swapping.

I attend the beach every day and wipe the lens and camera down,

If you leave a shovel out on the COOGEE beach overnight it will rust. If you left the shovel out in DUBBO, it would get stolen.

Back