Name
Gary Finn
Country
Australia
City/State
Coogee Beach
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
An early 20th century romanticism style artist Sir Arthur Streeton often painted views of COOGEE Beach. The vantage spot he used for one of his well known views is commemorated with a high bench seat at the north end of the beach. That view is currently obstructed by overgrown vegetation but it’s fun to try and re-imagine what he may have painted. The presence of clouds helps this view so I’ve added bushes to the side to try and direct the focal point to something Streeton used, that is, to emphasize the natural curves.

He would have manipulated the bush somewhat so it wasn’t so vertical. I guess I could do that in Lightroom.

GJF00987.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 20mm F1.8
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 125

I’ll sneak down there later with the bush whacker

GJF00987.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 20mm F1.8
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 125

Last edited:
it that dust on the sensor or on the lens? you can easily remove it from the photo in photoshop with spot healing tool by clicking on it

i was recently shooting a studio AirBNB for a friend to help him market it better. i tried to show case that its a beach front property with a beach view.
DSC06339-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM3
  • E 35-150mm F2.0-F2.8 A058
  • 54.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 50

Diani-Kenya is popular Tourist Destination here in Kenya. the beaches here aren't crowded

I’ll sneak down there later with the bush whacker
it that dust on the sensor or on the lens? you can easily remove it from the photo in photoshop with spot healing tool by clicking on it
Probably both. It’s a dusty, sunburnt country. I love to capture the essence of a place!

i was recently shooting a studio AirBNB for a friend to help him market it better. i tried to show case that its a beach front property with a beach view.
View attachment 37836
Diani-Kenya is popular Tourist Destination here in Kenya. the beaches here aren't crowded
That view would add at least $4m Rand in Sydney!
:)

Back