Birds Bird eye focus on A7 IV

lodbrok

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Love this birdeye focus. After having an operation in my albow I can only use one arm for six weeks aprox. So I had to come up with some creative photoing. Camera is set up ca 1 meter from the target. Wide focus area with bird-eye. Raised the ISO to 1600 (grey day today) and set the lense 135mm F1,8 to 4,5. That gave me ca. 1/500 ss
DSC00890-SharpenAI-Softness.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • SAMYANG AF 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600

Love this birdeye focus. After having an operation in my albow I can only use one arm for six weeks aprox. So I had to come up with some creative photoing. Camera is set up ca 1 meter from the target. Wide focus area with bird-eye. Raised the ISO to 1600 (grey day today) and set the lense 135mm F1,8 to 4,5. That gave me ca. 1/500 ssView attachment 32657
Great image Lodbrok.......accurate eye focus and a 135mm f1.8 is a great combo for the short side of medium range shots but in any event your cameras resolution leaves plenty of scope for cropping.....but at 1m distant it should be hardly necessary.

Yes I agree bird eye focus is great and as we are all aware...Good eye focus is an essential part of good quality wildlife and/portrait images...well done with one wing temporarily out of service..!!

This looks fantastic! Makes me think maybe I should start shooting with one hand... 🤪

Hi, as the title says Bird Eye Auto Focus can I ask how anyone finds when using for BIF still images? I have found it works great for still subjects with 200-600 lens and yes I can go out and try myself if we ever get some decent weather here in the UK but just wanted anyone's feedback on the subject. Thankyou, Russ.

Great image Lodbrok.......accurate eye focus and a 135mm f1.8 is a great combo for the short side of medium range shots but in any event your cameras resolution leaves plenty of scope for cropping.....but at 1m distant it should be hardly necessary.

Yes I agree bird eye focus is great and as we are all aware...Good eye focus is an essential part of good quality wildlife and/portrait images...well done with one wing temporarily out of service..!!
Thanks Ray! I think it was ca.1 meter. The lense has a minimum distance of 0,69meter. Here is the original jpeg straight from the camera.
I have a little extra space for the sparrow-hawk who also use this treestub. The hawk is about a pigeon in size ca. Hopefully the hawk won't be higher up than these doves or what do you think?
xxx.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • SAMYANG AF 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600
DSC00814 (2).jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • SAMYANG AF 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1600

Hi, as the title says Bird Eye Auto Focus can I ask how anyone finds when using for BIF still images? I have found it works great for still subjects with 200-600 lens and yes I can go out and try myself if we ever get some decent weather here in the UK but just wanted anyone's feedback on the subject. Thankyou, Russ.
Hi Russ
Haven't done any BIF with the A7 IV yet due to the weather and also now my albow-operation but in ca 6 weeks i'm on it. Bad timing do - my brother's son yust call on me to come to his place where 2 eagles is hangin around his place!!!

Love this birdeye focus. After having an operation in my albow I can only use one arm for six weeks aprox. So I had to come up with some creative photoing. Camera is set up ca 1 meter from the target. Wide focus area with bird-eye. Raised the ISO to 1600 (grey day today) and set the lense 135mm F1,8 to 4,5. That gave me ca. 1/500 ssView attachment 32657
These are great images, well done. I was thinking about the Samyang 135mm f1.8 with the A7iv. How are you finding the performance of the lens in low light conditions?

These are great images, well done. I was thinking about the Samyang 135mm f1.8 with the A7iv. How are you finding the performance of the lens in low light conditions?
Hi Ed
First day with my new lense.Was aiming at the sony's 135mm for my 'handycap' project but this lense is exatly half price the sony one. A gray and rainy day but it perform very well. I can shoot whatever the forcast say with this lense. Only cover it well when its raining. Will keep on a day/evening with manual aperatur/shutterspeed and auto ISO to see how it perform then. :)

Thanks Ray! I think it was ca.1 meter. The lense has a minimum distance of 0,69meter. Here is the original jpeg straight from the camera.
I have a little extra space for the sparrow-hawk who also use this treestub. The hawk is about a pigeon in size ca. Hopefully the hawk won't be higher up than these doves or what do you think? View attachment 32671View attachment 32672
Another Whoozy...Good on Yer (y) Yes I can see you have an acute case of "Congested Stump"

Back