Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Bobbies on the beat in London on a cold Winter afternoon. Sony A7iv + Sony GM 70-200mm f2.8 OSS II.
police_bw_LC-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 125.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 6400

Very atmospheric. Minor criticism, I'd like to see all the horses feet in the shot.

Love it.
Thanks for the comment, very glad you like it. I may have cropped the image a little too close, but I believe all of the hoof is in view, it is only the hoof shadow which is slightly cropped out.

Thanks for the comment, very glad you like it. I may have cropped the image a little too close, but I believe all of the hoof is in view, it is only the hoof shadow which is slightly cropped out.
Yep, you're right, I should look more closely.

I like the shot but just one question on a personal inquiry, just why or how did your Police get the name of Bobbies over there.

I like the shot but just one question on a personal inquiry, just why or how did your Police get the name of Bobbies over there.
Bobby came from the name of Sir Robert Peel who established the force.

Thanks for the like and the commment. Bobby is technically slang for the MET (London Metropolitan police) i.e., the police force for London. The slang term is derived from the name of the person who first established the MET back in 1829, Sir Robert Peel. Bob is short for Robert, and hence the term Bobby was used to describe the police of London.

Ralph, I note you're from Mildura. I'm originally from Melbourne (western suburbs boy from St.Albans) but I've been living in the UK for almost 40 years!

Bobby came from the name of Sir Robert Peel who established the force.
Yep I get it now and I had no idea that how it came about, thanks for that.

Thanks for the like and the commment. Bobby is technically slang for the MET (London Metropolitan police) i.e., the police force for London. The slang term is derived from the name of the person who first established the MET back in 1829, Sir Robert Peel. Bob is short for Robert, and hence the term Bobby was used to describe the police of London.

Ralph, I note you're from Mildura. I'm originally from Melbourne (western suburbs boy from St.Albans) but I've been living in the UK for almost 40 years!
I just got curious a little over that part and I am happy now.
And yer I am in Mildura and we have just gone through a week of well over 50 degree in the sun and this is where people work and not in the shade. But its a good region that the heat at times is just too hot to go out as even this weather is killing some young ones in the nest as it is just too hot for them out there..

I just got curious a little over that part and I am happy now.
And yer I am in Mildura and we have just gone through a week of well over 50 degree in the sun and this is where people work and not in the shade. But its a good region that the heat at times is just too hot to go out as even this weather is killing some young ones in the nest as it is just too hot for them out there..
I'm familar with the heat in Mildura, once as young lad I had a brief summer job picking sultanas in Mildura - it was hot, but nothing like 50C! Last summer we had an all time record temperature in London and the UK, 41C, and the first property loss due to wildfire in the capital city. But right now it's the opposite here, in my part of London last night it was -5C. It's acutally beautiful out when the sun is out, the winter light is special! Just need to be a little careful as the paths can be very slippery, and most places don't put grit down (on the paths and the roads) until its too late.

Back