Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Totally no idea what sort or type this one is and I have got a book with a lot of them in it but no luck.
I was out birding and this got into my eyesight and I then had to find it to get these shots.
_KRM1594.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400
_KRM1595.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400
_KRM1596.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400

Nice. I love taking Butterfly shots, as you may have seen. This, I believe, is an Australian Painted Lady

Nice. I love taking Butterfly shots, as you may have seen. This, I believe, is an Australian Painted Lady
Kev I thank you so so much for pointing me in the right direction.
But 1st off I will take photo's of bugs and Spiders and insects of any kind I come across while out.
I had no idea what this one was and even though you were close to the what is it but it was enough to get me to look at it.

I scrolled through all the photos of the one you said and then there it is an Australian Yellow Admiral Butterfly.
I would not have come to this without your help, so thank you so much for having a go at this.

Kev I thank you so so much for pointing me in the right direction.
But 1st off I will take photo's of bugs and Spiders and insects of any kind I come across while out.
I had no idea what this one was and even though you were close to the what is it but it was enough to get me to look at it.

I scrolled through all the photos of the one you said and then there it is an Australian Yellow Admiral Butterfly.
I would not have come to this without your help, so thank you so much for having a go at this.
Cool! It looks similar to our White Admiral here. I do go out specifically for butterflies and dragonflies, as they are one of my favourite subjects.

I was chasing a double upped Dragonfly (mating) but just as I got focus they were going.
But I will do more now with this camera.And I was pleased to get the neame and that wouldn't of happened if you never got me to where you did.

Back