Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Can Anything Compare To The Sony A6000...?

need so much more context...

for what? for who? in a particular price range? with a particular lens? for a particular type of photography?

generically, yes - every single newer alpha body is technologically improved over the a6000. from a spec standpoint, the majority of the FF bodies are going to perform better in most situations, and from a size standpoint, the A5x series are smaller.

need so much more context...

for what? for who? in a particular price range? with a particular lens? for a particular type of photography?

generically, yes - every single newer alpha body is technologically improved over the a6000. from a spec standpoint, the majority of the FF bodies are going to perform better in most situations, and from a size standpoint, the A5x series are smaller.
I have never tried another Sony A camera as yet so cannot compare them to the A6000. If I decide to upgrade, what would I be better to go for in the Sony range as I have over 45 years of photography experience. So what would be a flexible camera for Street, Cityscapes, I was thing the Sony A7...🤔

I have never tried another Sony A camera as yet so cannot compare them to the A6000. If I decide to upgrade, what would I be better to go for in the Sony range as I have over 45 years of photography experience. So what would be a flexible camera for Street, Cityscapes, I was thing the Sony A7...🤔
So, in my opinion, i'd start with how much you want to spend. Given that you aren't talking about anything that needs super fast AF and given that you are talking about street and city photography, i think you are probably barking up the right tree on the A7 if you'd like to move up to full frame (and you probably should consider it for noise control in the conditions you are likely to encounter)

I am not familiar with the UK market, but in the US it seems that A7 bodies go for around ~500 dollars US (used) so that is a pretty solid piece of kit for the cost, and you could easily keep the a6000 for portability and as a backup body. if you are looking to get rid of the a6000 and/or your budget is a little larger, you might wanna consider the A7R as it has a bigger MP(36 for the R vs 24 for the A7) count and higher DR, but I'm guessing you'll be pleased with either one.

if you are buying used, i'd go with the highest body revision you feel comfortable buying - based on the prices i'm seeing on ebay the incremental changes look to come with moderate increases in prices - and the price difference between the A7R and A7 might only be a little bit depending on what is currently available.

So, in my opinion, i'd start with how much you want to spend. Given that you aren't talking about anything that needs super fast AF and given that you are talking about street and city photography, i think you are probably barking up the right tree on the A7 if you'd like to move up to full frame (and you probably should consider it for noise control in the conditions you are likely to encounter)

I am not familiar with the UK market, but in the US it seems that A7 bodies go for around ~500 dollars US (used) so that is a pretty solid piece of kit for the cost, and you could easily keep the a6000 for portability and as a backup body. if you are looking to get rid of the a6000 and/or your budget is a little larger, you might wanna consider the A7R as it has a bigger MP(36 for the R vs 24 for the A7) count and higher DR, but I'm guessing you'll be pleased with either one.

if you are buying used, i'd go with the highest body revision you feel comfortable buying - based on the prices i'm seeing on ebay the incremental changes look to come with moderate increases in prices - and the price difference between the A7R and A7 might only be a little bit depending on what is currently available.
Thank you for your information and advice which I will take on board, I always have been keen on the A7 so I think this will be the road I will be going down. But I will wait and see what else is coming out soon, as the uk market is always changing. Appreciated..👍

New in Marketplace

Back