• ISO 100
lock-gates-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125

I like both of these, very organic shots. I'd be tempted to get rid of the graffiti.
Thanks, I did think about getting rid of the smiley face graffiti, but decided against it, not sure why, but I thought it’s there and part of the scene. But I think I’m coming around to getting rid of it.

Industrial strength goof off might help.

.... now with much of the graffiti removed.
lock gates-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 72.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/5 sec
  • ISO 100
lock-gates-5.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125

.... now with much of the graffiti removed.
View attachment 36649View attachment 36650

I found it odd that @Merlinator called the images organic and then suggested you process out one of the very reasons they feel so organic. If anything in the shot screws up the organic feeling it's the modern glass building on the left. Not enough of it to make it part of the photo, just enough to be intrusive.

Organics aside, the half of a sign on the right is a bit unfortunate. All of the sign or none of the sign would've been better.

I prefer the originals

I found it odd that @Merlinator called the images organic and then suggested you process out one of the very reasons they feel so organic. If anything in the shot screws up the organic feeling it's the modern glass building on the left. Not enough of it to make it part of the photo, just enough to be intrusive.

Organics aside, the half of a sign on the right is a bit unfortunate. All of the sign or none of the sign would've been better.

I prefer the originals
Thanks Tim, I'm still in two minds about the graffiti, which is why I left some in. But I kinda like the modern glass building on the side, especially the reflections int he window. I'll try cropping it out and see what it looks like.

I think it does look better without the modern glass building.
lock-gates-7.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125

Back