Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
As some of you know I also like to dabble on the dark side with the Canon R5. I only own the RF 100-500 lens but together with the R5 it makes a very nice and pretty lightweight setup for wildlife. For shooting perched birds I find that it grabs the focus quicker than any of my Sony cameras when the subject is significantly off the focal plane. When it first came out the bird eye AF was also significantly better than what Sony was achieving at the time but they have since levelled the playing field and probably taken the lead with their latest cameras. When it comes to BIF the R5 is no slouch but my A1 is normally my preferred choice as it tracks better. I shot these gannets up at Bempton Cliffs a while back now, they are stunning birds to shoot. It's a shame that they are being hit so hard by avian flu. I might need to make the effort to get back there this year.

483A4198-R5-Gannet-2048px.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 100

483A4388-R5-Gannet-2048px.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
  • 500.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 200

Last edited:
Not bad shots for a traitor... :ROFLMAO:

Now we know where you've been when you called to say you were working late. You've been cheating on us!

• Admin
off with his head 🤣 not sure how many have canon r5 on here, do they not let you join in on your canon site Tim?
I fully expect that I'll be the only one posting here with the R5 :ROFLMAO: I'll be posting some Sony images on the Canon forum too! :)

Back