CaptureOne - No more single camera brand versions going forward.

Reciprocum

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Afonso Santos
Country
Portugal

Important news about your Capture One subscription​

This year, we're making some exciting additions to our product lineup. Next month, we’ll share a powerful new way to collaborate with Capture One Live, and in the spring, you can expect our very first iOS app with Capture One for iPad.

To pave the way for these new products, we’re making some changes to our existing lineup:

From today, January 18, we will no longer offer versions of Capture One that are limited to supporting only one camera brand. This affects the following products:
  • Capture One (for Sony)
  • Capture One for Fujifilm
  • Capture One for Nikon
Instead, users will only be able to purchase or upgrade to Capture One Pro, which includes support for all camera brands.
In April, you'll get a free upgrade to our flagship product, Capture One Pro. You'll continue to pay the same price as before – the only difference is you'll be able to use any camera brand you like.
Important points to note:
  • Your current version of Capture One will continue to work as is.
  • At the start of April we will release an update to Capture One. With this update you will automatically be upgraded to Capture One Pro (giving you access to all camera brands).
  • You will continue to pay the same price you do today for as long as you remain a subscriber. There will be no change to your billing amount or period.
  • To claim your free upgrade in April, all you have to do is download and install the latest version using the same license key you have now. We’ll contact you again closer to the date with a reminder.
  • If you prefer to remain on your current version, we will continue to provide feature updates during the life of Capture One 22.

This page also has details on the change along with answers to frequently asked questions.

Thank you as always for being part of the Capture One community. We’re excited to share our new products with you over the coming months and hope you’ll enjoy using them as much as we have creating them!
Thank you,
The Capture One Team

I will continue to use my free version until they shut me down. I'm bummed about that, but I understand.

I will continue to use my free version until they shut me down. I'm bummed about that, but I understand.
I think CaptureOne Express will not be discontinued (and might even gain multi-brand support) and will still be the out-of-the-box go to solution for new Sony camera buyers.
Yet the feature gap between C1E and C1P is growing wider and wider. Just not having the layers functionality totally kills C1E for me, not to mention multi-recipe exports and so many other useful features that C1E lacks.

Yet, if they do jack up the initial subscription price for new C1P subscribers, this will make the Adobe suite more of a compelling alternative.

Yet, if they do jack up the initial subscription price for new C1P subscribers, this will make the Adobe suite more of a compelling alternative.
Adobe Creative Cloud with LR & PS (20GB cloud storage): $10 per month, $20 per month for 1TB of cloud storage.
Capture One Pro: $24 per month
Yes, I see the pendulum swinging and some may stick with (or return to) Adobe.

Adobe Creative Cloud with LR & PS (20GB cloud storage): $10 per month, $20 per month for 1TB of cloud storage.
Capture One Pro: $24 per month
Yes, I see the pendulum swinging and some may stick with (or return to) Adobe.
Hmmm. FWIW, I'm paying $10.00 for the Adobe Photography plan which includes Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC, Photoshop, Premier Rush, Bridge, Photoshop Express, Camera RAW, UXP Developer Tools, XD, Fresco, Aero as well as Lightroom Mobile and some storage which I believe is 20GB. I personally don't use all of this but I certainly don't feel; like I'm getting ripped off and I do enjoy getting notified of new capabilities which get added to the Apps I do use. To each his own and although I dislike subscription software, I feel that this is a bargain.

Back