Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Couldn't move for people in Greenwich Park on Saturday - everyone admiring the Cherry Blossom.
cherryblossom_1-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 126.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 250
cherryblossom_1-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 197.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 200
cherryblossom_1-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 178.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 800
cherryblossom_cluster-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 320

Focus on the cherry blossom tree or the cherry blossom? Both are beautiful.
cherryblossom_tree-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 127.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 2500
cherryblossom_tree-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 250

Last edited:
I agree with ST: focus on blossoms rather than tree.

I agree with ST: focus on blossoms rather than tree.
I hear what you are both saying. I guess I didn't want to 'not see the wood for the trees' or 'blossom'! I think as a composition, the focus on the blossom is good, as most people (me included) find the blossom beautiful. But I also find the wood of the cherry tree to be beautiful and didn't want to ignore that beauty. I guess it could be argued that we can admire the woody nature of the cherry tree most of the time, but when its blossom time, lets focus on the blossom! I guess the tree is also saying that, 'hey look at my blossom'!

I hear what you are both saying. I guess I didn't want to 'not see the wood for the trees' or 'blossom'! I think as a composition, the focus on the blossom is good, as most people (me included) find the blossom beautiful. But I also find the wood of the cherry tree to be beautiful and didn't want to ignore that beauty. I guess it could be argued that we can admire the woody nature of the cherry tree most of the time, but when its blossom time, lets focus on the blossom! I guess the tree is also saying that, 'hey look at my blossom'!
Regarding the section I put in bold, yes that is kind of what I was thinking. You can also explore shape of tree limbs, and the texture of wood bark in the absence of the blossoms. But yeah, the trees are putting on a show right now, why not focus on that (pun intended) 😅

When I was in UK last year, early April, the blossoms had just started showing and the parks weren't too crowded, but I imagine the crowd was in full force when you went!

Last edited:
Regarding the section I put in bold, yes that is kind of what I was thinking. You can also explore shape of tree limbs, and the texture of wood bark in the absence of the blossoms. But yeah, the trees are putting on a show right now, why not focus on that (pun intended) 😅

When I was there last year, early April, the blossoms had just started showing and the park wasn't too crowded, but I imagine the crowd was in full force when you went!
Yes, and it was the day before the London Marathon, which starts in Greenwich Park and on Blackheath, and so we had extra folks over, so the park was absolutely heaving with people.

New in Marketplace

Back