Coastal Brown Bear at Chinitna Bay in Lake Clark NP, AK

najascutellatus

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
This is one of my favorite photos that really shows the beauty of the wildness in Alaska. A vast muddy bay patrolled by hundreds of Brown bears, Bald Eagles, and Salmon. This sow was following her two cubs who walked a mile to come check us out. You can see two bears fighting in the background and a bald eagle in the background to the right.

Taken with an A7RIII, 100-400 GM, and 2x Extender.

Attachments

• 20180831-_DSC8671.jpg
    20180831-_DSC8671.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Alaska is on my bucket list! I know someone locally that just went and her photos were amazing and she was able to have some close encounters. Great shot!

Alaska is on my bucket list! I know someone locally that just went and her photos were amazing and she was able to have some close encounters. Great shot!

It's definitely an amazing place to go. Lake Clark NP has a special place in my heart after that trip. The cubs of the sow in the above photo came within 6 feet of us. Flying in on a helicopter to the center of the bay and seeing literally hundreds of brown bears catching salmon, it was such a surreal experience. I highly recommend going there. Denali is also an amazing place to go. Just need to take the bus tour to the Eielson Visitor Center in the center of the park, otherwise you won't see too much. On the bus trip, you'll see it all: wolves, moose, elk, grizzly bears, depending on the time of year that you go.

Attachments

• 20180831-_DSC8546.jpg
    20180831-_DSC8546.jpg
    717.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20180831-_DSC8641.jpg
    20180831-_DSC8641.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 69
Wow! That’s sounds so amazing. I guess I need to start saving up now haha

New in Marketplace

Back