Constructive Feedback welcome

We had a really nice chat. His dog is beautiful, wish I had taken a picture of him. Had my coffee mug camera bag and tripod set up, had the trail blocked! Very bad light today, waiting for the light to come in from the left.

I love the commitment mate. Fantastic stuff! 🥇

This bamboo lined trail is going take me a while to get the image or images I am looking for.
20230315-DSC09266-HDR.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • Ć’/11
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 1600

Clide,
I like the feel and simplicity of this one.
This bamboo lined trail is going take me a while to get the image or images I am looking for.

I have a piece of driftwood that I photograph almost every day. It changes with the weather.

I'm not looking for perfection; just appreciating the differences.

You could put all these up on your wall if you wanted to mate. They're all solid images. 🙂

This bamboo lined trail is going take me a while to get the image or images I am looking for.View attachment 34443
I like it. What happens if you pull the exposure down a tad? Maybe burn in the bright spots on the trail a bit?

I like this last one for the weight of the bamboo in that it feels more even between the sides. This one does feel a little claustrophobic and I think that is because the bamboo trucks are visible near on the right and left. I think a crop more like this in which you have the path to the edge of the frame (red circled area) gives the image more of a feel of a path to follow rather than a tunnel to escape. To me at least this makes the feeling of the image match the sense I get from the coloring of the image. That may not make a lot of sense but not sure how else to word that.
Screenshot 2023-03-18 081935.jpg

It kind of also feels like it might be missing something, not sure what but something. I kind of would like to see what it would be like with a grandfather (in like earth tones) and granddaughter (maybe in something floral) holding hands walking down the path 2/3rds of the way (might be a lot to ask for). That might not work at all but that is what pops into mind.

I like this last one for the weight of the bamboo in that it feels more even between the sides. This one does feel a little claustrophobic and I think that is because the bamboo trucks are visible near on the right and left. I think a crop more like this in which you have the path to the edge of the frame (red circled area) gives the image more of a feel of a path to follow rather than a tunnel to escape. To me at least this makes the feeling of the image match the sense I get from the coloring of the image. That may not make a lot of sense but not sure how else to word that.
View attachment 34453

It kind of also feels like it might be missing something, not sure what but something. I kind of would like to see what it would be like with a grandfather (in like earth tones) and granddaughter (maybe in something floral) holding hands walking down the path 2/3rds of the way (might be a lot to ask for). That might not work at all but that is what pops into mind.
20230316-DSC09463.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • Ć’/11
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 2500
20230315-DSC09264-HDR.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • Ć’/11
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 1600

Thanks everyone for your help. David, I have taken cropped in (as you see here), cropped out. I have a gal jogging at the top of the trail, she alarmed me because I was watching the camera which was on the deck (Clint's suggestion) and I did not see her until she was halfway down the trail. Tim, I have shots with very little light as you suggested but my wife and oldest daughter find the light spots on the trail inviting and safe. I agree with David that something is missing. I am going to step away from this genre for a few weeks and get a fresh perspective and come back to it. I am learning a lot thanks for all your help! Best! Drew

View attachment 34457View attachment 34458
Thanks everyone for your help. David, I have taken cropped in (as you see here), cropped out. I have a gal jogging at the top of the trail, she alarmed me because I was watching the camera which was on the deck (Clint's suggestion) and I did not see her until she was halfway down the trail. Tim, I have shots with very little light as you suggested but my wife and oldest daughter find the light spots on the trail inviting and safe. I agree with David that something is missing. I am going to step away from this genre for a few weeks and get a fresh perspective and come back to it. I am learning a lot thanks for all your help! Best! Drew
The top image in this post is the best yet, IMO, sans jogger.

Back