Followers
Following
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
The first 2 are the male Superb Fairy Wren with the blue colour and the female in the olive sort of colour.
The there is the Purple-backed Fairy Wren which this one is only the male.
DSC09205.JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 220.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 125
DSC09262.JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 220.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100
DSC09623.JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 220.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100
DSC09645.JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 220.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 125

Sweet pics Aussie.

Beautiful shots Aussie!!! How do you like your RX10 for bird photography. It seems to have served you well with these little guys. I ask because I’m wanting to ditch my huge 200-600mm lens. Just can’t carry it around any more.

Beautiful shots Aussie!!! How do you like your RX10 for bird photography. It seems to have served you well with these little guys. I ask because I’m wanting to ditch my huge 200-600mm lens. Just can’t carry it around any more.
I will tell you what I call my camera the one you mentioned. I have called it hit and miss.
If I took 10 shots of a bird sitting still long enough I would get maybe 6 or 7 usable shots.
In that I have not moved or changed a thing just 3 or 4 are bad shots.
I have not been able to move out of auto on it even though I have used every setting there is.
Went out taken shots come home to find only a few are worth keeping. I mean every setting to.
I have given it a go and I have to say it is a holiday camera at best .
My personal view on this is I would not buy it as you only camera I am waiting to save up for a large lens to go on my Sony A7ii.
Then this one will only come out on holidays well maybe as the other one is light so I might be able to carry it all over.
One thing I will say is I think I got a Lemon which here is Australia means its just no good and no matter what you do it will not improve.
Maybe another one will out shine this one and I really think it would so don't just go on this report, get a few more and see if the same thing happens.
Then you will be able to make a choice which will suit you better. For me its keep what you have got or I can swap with you.

I will tell you what I call my camera the one you mentioned. I have called it hit and miss.
If I took 10 shots of a bird sitting still long enough I would get maybe 6 or 7 usable shots.
In that I have not moved or changed a thing just 3 or 4 are bad shots.
I have not been able to move out of auto on it even though I have used every setting there is.
Went out taken shots come home to find only a few are worth keeping. I mean every setting to.
I have given it a go and I have to say it is a holiday camera at best .
My personal view on this is I would not buy it as you only camera I am waiting to save up for a large lens to go on my Sony A7ii.
Then this one will only come out on holidays well maybe as the other one is light so I might be able to carry it all over.
One thing I will say is I think I got a Lemon which here is Australia means its just no good and no matter what you do it will not improve.
Maybe another one will out shine this one and I really think it would so don't just go on this report, get a few more and see if the same thing happens.
Then you will be able to make a choice which will suit you better. For me its keep what you have got or I can swap with you.
Thanks so much for your detailed review. And thank you for being honest. This report is in sharp contrast to what I have been seeing on YouTube, but then, I’m sure that many of those are paid by Sony to make it sound good. I will definitely try one out now before I buy one. Thanks again!
Curious that you can only get it to work in auto mode. Could be you do have a lemon.

Back