Name
Gary Finn
Country
Australia
City/State
Coogee Beach
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Frankly, I can’t wait to see a one day match or test at the Sydney Cricket Ground with my Sony gear.

I’ve had my old Pentax with a 200mm zoom cropped to hell, and using manual focus, after a few overs get the timing right… then bang on. The English batsman puts his chin out to catch the ball at 100m/h.

98368751-6EB1-4DAE-A475-6533853F5F99.jpeg

That’s a kit that hides easily in a crowd on the members stand.

I’m a bit concerned about whipping out the Sony 200-600 . Does anyone know if I need a press pass or something for this purpose?

Does anyone know if I need a press pass or something for this purpose?
That's up to the venue and the sanctioning body, if there is one. Best thing to do is call and ask. Do you have a local newspaper? Give them a call and offer free photos for their publication in exchange for media credentials. Those things will get you into some interesting places. You could probably shoot from the sidelines, or whatever they call it.

That's up to the venue and the sanctioning body, if there is one. Best thing to do is call and ask. Do you have a local newspaper? Give them a call and offer free photos for their publication in exchange for media credentials. Those things will get you into some interesting places. You could probably shoot from the sidelines, or whatever they call it.
That would be incredible. I’ll need a monopod or whatever they’re called and a fluorescent shirt!

Back