Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
So I am wondering if sony will release a mk2 100-400 fe in light of the new 70-200 fe , I was considering the 100-400 as its the only real lens of use to me apart from the 200-600 I have for birds and wildlife I can justify price wise

You'd imagine they will release one at some point. It's around 5 years since the 70-200 F2.8 Mk 1 was released and around 4 years for the 100-400, so maybe next year?

I dearly love my 100-400mm -- definitely one of my favorite lenses! That said, if they did an update on it and included internal focusing I'd be very, very happy about that.

I'd actually be surprised if they did, it's a pretty perfect lens, but I would be interested if they made an internal focus version for sure.

Thanks for replies so I guess I need to decide if I should wait for mk2 or bite the bullet on the mk1

Having just purchased this lens, I would be unhappy to see it's replacement come out now. I would have to wonder what "Improvements" they would make? When researching this lens, I heard nothing but good about it and most thought it was deserving of the G Master classification.

Jeff as mentioned above may be internal focusing would be one step forward, its a great plus on the 200-600 and many other lenses, for sure I have invested multiple thousands in sony a-mount and almost as much in e-mount, and sony will always look for new sales. I was slow moving to e-mount because of the a99ii and minolta primes and sony 300 2.8 and 500 sony lens which I still have and just as a side note the 300 2.8 and the minolta 400 4.5 are excellent on the a9 a7mk3 on the lea 4 for minolta and lea5 for sony, photography is one way to stay poor and all I want from santa is a sony a1 and a 600 mm f4 prime or may be a 400 2.8, well that is what I asked my wife for and guess what she is still laughing

Jeff as mentioned above may be internal focusing would be one step forward, its a great plus on the 200-600 and many other lenses, for sure I have invested multiple thousands in sony a-mount and almost as much in e-mount, and sony will always look for new sales. I was slow moving to e-mount because of the a99ii and minolta primes and sony 300 2.8 and 500 sony lens which I still have and just as a side note the 300 2.8 and the minolta 400 4.5 are excellent on the a9 a7mk3 on the lea 4 for minolta and lea5 for sony, photography is one way to stay poor and all I want from santa is a sony a1 and a 600 mm f4 prime or may be a 400 2.8, well that is what I asked my wife for and guess what she is still laughing
Well for sure the FE 200-600 is an outstanding lens and significantly less money than the 100-400. The only reason I didn't buy the 200-600 is because it is HUGE. Too much to pack around for an old guy like me.

so I have seen suggestions that sony might be working on a 150-400 mm f4 lens has anyone got info on this potential lens

Back