Followers
Following
Name
Dr. John A. Allocca
Country
United States
City/State
Northport, NY
For years I battled a heavy case with 2 cameras - one for wildlife and one for landscape. Changing lenses in the field was also difficult and requires more time than is available for sudden wildlife shots, especially flying birds. I tried backpacks, but trying to get a camera out in time to catch wildlife was difficult. Now, I carry two cases criss cross one over each shoulder. One has the A1 with a 70-300 mm lens and sometimes the 100-400 mm lens and a few accessories for wildlife. The other case has the A7RIIIA with 24 mm lens and a water bottle for landscape. With this setup, I find myself using both cameras more often.

I use the OP/TECH USA S.O.S. Curve Strap (Black) # 0901312 adjusted to 48" length.

52-Cases-2.jpg
  • iPhone 14
  • iPhone 14 back dual wide camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/59 sec
  • ISO 320
52-Cases-1.jpg
  • iPhone 14
  • iPhone 14 back dual wide camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 400
each shoulder. One case

Awesome, great solution!

Reminds me of a wedding photographer I saw who had two cameras, carried cross-body like that, one camera body had a zoom and the other a prime. Ready for anything!

In situations where I'll be doing a lot of walking and also will need/want two camera bodies, I use a wheeled bag, which works out best for me since the camera I am not using is in the case, lens mounted, and the other camera is on a neck strap, ready for use. Easy to quickly open the bag, put the one camera in it and grab the other when the shooting situation changes. Often if I am going to a botanical garden or park, this is what I do and it works out well for me. Normally I'll have a macro lens mounted on one camera body and a long lens (usually 100-400mm) mounted on the other.

I totally agree, I have two cameras, looking to go to 4 soon. Plus 3 action cameras with different mounts.
If I can just pick it up and film instantly I take so many more shots (I'm in a vehicle so easy to carry it all...)

Could you kindly provide some product or amazon link to each of those bags please?
They look interesting to mount to the passenger seat for me!

Think Tank Photo Digital Holster® 20 V2.0. and the Tenba Axis V2 Top-Loading Camera Bag (Black, 4L)

John

Thank you very much. I'd like one to hold my Sony 200-600, those seem to short unfortunately.
In your reach did you come across any brands that offer longer ones please?

This fits my 100-400 lens with the hood extended. I'm not sure if it will fit the 200-600, which is 4.39 x 12.52”, Actual is 5.0” (lens hood) x 13.5”

Below are the specs for the case:

Think Tank Photo Digital Holster® 150
SKU: 710883
Exterior Dimensions: 8” W x 16” H x 8”
Interior Dimensions: 7.3” W x 15.3” H x 7.3” D

John

Back