Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
Yesterday was a work around the house day which centered on a Smoke Alarm failure and the replacement of the Master Bathroom shower head. It should have been easy but by the end of the day I was whipped. There was one final task....go check the mail. It was well after dark when I headed out to the Mail Box. On the way back inside I looked up and the moon was overhead amongst the clouds. I was tired but I opened the safe and retrieved my A7 IV and a couple of lenses. An example of what I shot is here. All shots hand held. The remainder of the photos is in this Album on Flickr. Thanks for looking.
Feb Moon-001.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 1600
Feb Moon-003.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 1600
Feb Moon-013.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 800
Feb Moon-014.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 640

Excellent. Very unusual sky.

Excellent. Very unusual sky.
To tell the truth, this night sky looked different in person than it did through the lens. I did nothing in processing to change it. Most changes had to do with exposure. Some of these had a kind of "Tunnel look" to them after processing, but not so much in person.

To tell the truth, this night sky looked different in person than it did through the lens. I did nothing in processing to change it. Most changes had to do with exposure. Some of these had a kind of "Tunnel look" to them after processing, but not so much in person.
Yep, that's why I thought it unusual. I like it.

Yesterday was a work around the house day which centered on a Smoke Alarm failure and the replacement of the Master Bathroom shower head. It should have been easy but by the end of the day I was whipped. There was one final task....go check the mail. It was well after dark when I headed out to the Mail Box. On the way back inside I looked up and the moon was overhead amongst the clouds. I was tired but I opened the safe and retrieved my A7 IV and a couple of lenses. An example of what I shot is here. All shots hand held. The remainder of the photos is in this Album on Flickr. Thanks for looking.View attachment 31225View attachment 31226View attachment 31227View attachment 31228
Those are great shots! Lots of drama and I could see that in a frame after a little cropping.. Almost looks like some kind of sci fi special effect. I always like those unplanned shots that turn out so nice. I used to carry my camera with me in the car even when heading out to do everyday things like driving into work, or shopping for groceries. Every once in a while, I'd see something I wasn't expecting, and was able to capture it.

Thanks for looking, Thomas.

Back