iain clyne

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Iain Clyne
There is a new firmware update out for the 200-600mm lens, seems to be mostly for compatibility with the A9 iii but there may be other hinges hidden in there.

Interesting. The last one, for the A1 actually made a difference to it on the RiV. I am probably not going to bother as it might mess it up again!

Interesting. The last one, for the A1 actually made a difference to it on the RiV. I am probably not going to bother as it might mess it up again!
As with all Sony firmware updates, let someone else try it first! :LOL:

Not really sure what the previous benefits and improvements thing means. Previous firmware improvements I'm assuming seeming that I do remember the last firmware was for IS on the A7RV. Not sure why they'd list it like this on the new update though...

Done the update and it was quick and easy. I always do the firmware updates as a ex Canon Tec turned pro tog told me it's not what they tell you that in the update it's the stuff that in it they don't tell you about. There is often little tweaks for things in there.

Done the update and it was quick and easy. I always do the firmware updates as a ex Canon Tec turned pro tog told me it's not what they tell you that in the update it's the stuff that in it they don't tell you about. There is often little tweaks for things in there.
Glad it went well!

I didn't think I noticed any change at all when I did the last one, but seeming that it only takes a few minutes you might as well have the latest firmware.

Not really sure what the previous benefits and improvements thing means. Previous firmware improvements I'm assuming seeming that I do remember the last firmware was for IS on the A7RV. Not sure why they'd list it like this on the new update though...

What that means is that they want you to know that applying the latest update will not wipe out anything that was already fixed.

It's a standard piece of phrasing to assuage worries of losing fixes you've already applied. It also means that you can apply just one firmware update - you don't have to apply all the fixes in sequence. (in other patching systems it can be necessary to apply all patches, and to apply them in order, to get the correct results - that happened back in the days when patches were kept as tiny as possible due to limited bandwidth - when you had connections at 200bps or 1200 bps, you didn't send out patches that were megabytes in size)

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back