Sony A6500 Flash for Sony a6500

Sony A6500 Resources: Firmware | User Guide

Hosserdog

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jan Goodman
I am a COMPLETE novice when it comes to off-camera flash! After purchasing the Sony a6500 a few years ago, in my "beginner's" enthusiasm I bought every possible accessory I THOUGHT I might need :rolleyes: :unsure: This included a Neewer NW400s flash and a Neewer N1s TTL Wireless Flash Trigger. Works fine as long as it is on the camera but I could never get it to work off-camera. I researched and researched, thinking it was some simple setting I didn't have right. I even called Neewer for help and was told the flash trigger I bought was not the correct one (although it was ALL supposed to be compatible with each other when I bought it. I basically just put it away for years.

I really want to use it, so I started doing more research and came across something that caught my eye. I don't have a "receiver" for the flash. Is this why it isn't working??? (I TOLD you I am a NOVICE!!!!). Common sense (I have a LITTLE) says this could be the answer! If this is the problem, could someone recommend something that would work with what I have. If this isn't the issue, what do I need? I really hope I can make what I already purchased work without having to replace everything.

Thank you so much for any help/advice!

Jan

Welcome aboard!
Like you I bought a ton of stuff for my a6400, unfortunately the flash [godox] I have sits unused and unloved so I can't help lol
Hopefully someone will come along that can answer your flash questions.

As far as I know that flash can be used wirelessly and has its own receiver, it shouldn't need a separate receiver. You would have to make sure the trigger and flash are on the same frequency (channel), but other than that it should trigger it ok.

Hi Jan, not sure if you've solved your problem however I have Neewer NW880s and N1Ts and these used to work with my A6500 and now with my A6600 although I have torn my hair out at times getting it to work especially in TTL mode.

Firstly before turning flash on Silent shooting and e-front curtain off. Wireless flash off and then I following the recommendations here https://shotkit.com/how-to-set-up-your-sony-camera-for-flash/

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hi Jan, not sure if you've solved your problem however I have Neewer NW88s and N1Ts and these used to work with my A6500 and now with my A6600 although I have torn my hair out at times getting it to work especially in TTL mode.

Firstly before turning flash on Silent shooting and e-front curtain off. Wireless flash off and then I following the recommendations here https://shotkit.com/how-to-set-up-your-sony-camera-for-flash/

Hope this helps
Thank you David - I have not yet solved this problem! Thank you for the link - heading there now. Will let you know what happens! Appreciate your response!

Sony A6500 Resources: Firmware | User Guide

Back