Flash trigger for A7iii with Sony HVL-F46RM flash?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4986
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4986

I need to buy a flash trigger so that I can use my Sony HVL-F46RM flashgun off-camera with my Sony A76iii.

From what I can gather my only option is the rather expensive Sony FA-WRC1M that cost around £265 in the UK at the cheapest.

I’m not fussed about having full control from the trigger on camera, happy to walk back to the actual flashgun to change settings then walk back to camera to take photo. I’ll. Be working in full manual outdoors so don’t need TTL or any other sort of control, just something that will fire the flash when it is off camera.

Needs to be Sony A7iii compatible though, course, but just not the Sony one as I only paid £200 for the flash used, boxed, hardly used so spending £265 on the remote is nuts. There must be a cheaper option given I don’t need any fancy controls or features.

I believe there to be an electronic cable - as I have thought about doing it myself, I believe it was possible to do with wires rather than having to go wireless

(The Nissin i40 I got for about 60 quid, so yeah, same boat here, not interested in paying heaps for something I won't use all that much)

I picked this bundle up yesterday for 85 secondhand. There's quite a few out there. I saw one lot on ebay with two heads and the trigger for 125.

Wrong flash in the picture, it's a godox tt600, although I assume it would also fire the neewer flash.

IMG-20230719-WA0001.jpeg
  • SM-G981B
  • 5.4 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/24 sec
  • ISO 1000

What am I looking at here? You have make/model of this. I need it to trigger a 'SONY' flash, model HVL-F46RM, not Neewer or Godox.

What am I looking at here? You have make/model of this. I need it to trigger a 'SONY' flash, model HVL-F46RM, not Neewer or Godox.
I can't answer your question, but you may be able to find a cheaper solution, completely disregarding the Sony flash.

There is no alternative you need to have a Sony flash trigger for your sony flash, unfortunately you have not gone with a Godox flash...welcome to the Sony
cash trap.........!

Back