Followers
Following
Name
Dave Le
Country
United States
City/State
Minneapolis
I am guessing 3050 and 3070 Ti or 4050 doesn't matter because they are GPU and they can all handle Photoshop without much difference. From 8 GB to 16 GB RAM as well doesn't matter? As well as SSD Size from 512 GB to 1 TB too doesn't matter because I am just using it for Photoshop?

So skip all those parts and jump to CPU. 12th Gen i5 and 12th Gen i7, will that make a difference? Will the two be noticeable in speeds? It is just Photoshop after all. I right now am using a nearly 9 year old laptop with 8 GB RAM and a super old i7 of which I don't even want to bother looking up the Gen for. Also using a GTX 870m and a 512 GB SSD right now.

Everything works fine so why upgrade right? Well this laptop have issues, I tried removing battery and connecting only the charging cable and did a bunch of stuff and it still is acting up.

If GPU matters; The 3050 jump in price to 3070 Ti / 4050 is tremendous. The 3070 Ti and 4050 isn't that big of a jump in price but the 3070 Ti is much better than the 4050 and the 3070 Ti is better than the 4060 by fractions.

Last edited:
I use an Infinity gaming laptop for my editing, it has an AMD processor in it. She works like a charm! 👏

Yes the GPU matters, Photoshop and other editing software can be set to use the GPU over the CPU which will provide better performance. There is also a big difference between the i5 and i7.

i7 gaming laptop with 4gb dedicated graphics RAM here. It's old but still fast. They make great editing laptops.

Back