Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
What do you think Wolfe feels about the modern view?
Also, which do you prefer, colour or BW and do you think the crop works better than the full image? I quite like the crop as it frames Wolfe between the two cranes without the distraction of the other observers. But the full image also works for me as it puts Wolfe into perspective and it also shows modern people contemplating the same view, and begs the question, would they have contrasting or similar views.
wolfe_bw-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640
wolfe_bw-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640
wolfe-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640
wolfe-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 640

What do you think Wolfe feels about the modern view?
Also, which do you prefer, colour or BW and do you think the crop works better than the full image? I quite like the crop as it frames Wolfe between the two cranes without the distraction of the other observers. But the full image also works for me as it puts Wolfe into perspective and it also shows modern people contemplating the same view, and begs the question, would they have contrasting or similar views.View attachment 41220View attachment 41221View attachment 41222View attachment 41223
I forgot to say, thanks Canada for the statue, Wolfe was a Greenwich local boy, with his house just up the road from Greenwich Park. The chips in the statue pedestal are from sharpnel from WWII bombs that fell close by.

I think I like #2, the crop makes it seem like Wolfe is looking down on the new construction, and I don't think the color adds anything more than the monochromatic edit.

I think I like #2, the crop makes it seem like Wolfe is looking down on the new construction, and I don't think the color adds anything more than the monochromatic edit.
Thanks Chris, I agree with the monochromatic edit, I prefer this to the colour. I'm torn between the crop and the full frame, I see value in both, both offer interesting perspectives.

New in Marketplace

Back