Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I guess I need to leave the window open for this visitor who I've spotted a few times now. I did sneak outside to try and grab a shot but he spotted me first. I wasn't sure if this was a male of female but after a quick Google it appears that the red moustachial stripe on the lower cheek indicates that it's a male.

DSC04844-Green-Woodpecker-2048px.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 3200

Awesome. I have never really got a shot of these I'm happy with. They are seriously flighty birds.

• Admin
Awesome. I have never really got a shot of these I'm happy with. They are seriously flighty birds.
Cheers Kev. I've only shot them from afar till now and never got a shot that I was happy with. I'd be happy with this if I hadn't shot it through the window! I knew I had no chance of opening the window without scaring him off though, so I tried sneaking out but he was soon on to me. Need to work on my ninja skills I think!

Cheers Kev. I've only shot them from afar till now and never got a shot that I was happy with. I'd be happy with this if I hadn't shot it through the window! I knew I had no chance of opening the window without scaring him off though, so I tried sneaking out but he was soon on to me. Need to work on my ninja skills I think!
The glass in our windows is so poor I can't shoot through them at all.

• Admin
The glass in our windows is so poor I can't shoot through them at all.
Maybe you should install some nice single pane glass ;)

• Admin
As we live on the coast I'm thinking openable portholes, about 100mm diameter, so the lens hood fits through :)
Lol - That's a cracking idea! I bet you could market those to photographers too, you'd make a killing! :)

This thread reminds me that I need to clean my windows. There's a woodpecker that visits the palm tree outside my office, who knows I might end up with a picture like yours Tim!

I'm sure that Sony will soon market custom ground window panes for anyone who his actually a serious Birder!

Nice Tim , beautiful birds but as you say very flighty

This thread reminds me that I need to clean my windows. There's a woodpecker that visits the palm tree outside my office, who knows I might end up with a picture like yours Tim!
You best clean the windows now Chris before your little one arrives, as then you won't have time for cleaning anything! :)

Nice Tim , beautiful birds but as you say very flighty
Cheers Steve. Would be nice to get a cleaner shot at some point, going to need a good helping of luck though I think!

Back