Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
Firstly I'd like to add my congratulations @Timothy Mayo on the fantastic new forum! Although in it's infancy I'm in no doubt that it will soon grow into a superb resource and place to share and get advice from fellow Sony Alpha Shooters from all around the world. It's also really nice to be a part of a forum from it's very beginning!

I've been into photography for as long as I can remember. My first SLR camera was a Canon EOS 650 film camera which I bought with my first ever pay check way back in 1987! Over the years I've lost count of the various cameras and lenses that I've owned including the following:- Canon EOS 600, Canon EOS 5, Minolta Dynax 700si, Canon EOS 20D, Canon EOS 30D, Nikon D70, Nikon D90, Canon EOS 5D Mk II, Canon EOS 5D Mk III, Sony NEX 5N, Sony NEX 6, Sony A7 II, Sony A7R II, Sony RX100 Mk II, Sony RX10 Mk II, Canon EOS M6, Canon EOS M50, Sony A7R III, Sony a6400 and my current cameras..... Sony A7R IV, Sony A9, Sony RX100 IV and Sony FDR-X3000R Action Cam!

I'm sure that there are one or two cameras missing from that list above and don't get me started on the different lenses I've owned previously........ we'd be here all day! ;)

I made the move to mirrorless from Canon DSLR's and lenses back in 2017 and haven't looked back since. I loved my Canon gear but the Sony Alpha system is just brilliant and a big upgrade IMHO.

For me it always used to be about shooting landscapes primarily but over the last 12 to 18 months I've been getting more into shooting wildlife and birds and can see this being my main focus moving forwards.

Photography is such a rewarding hobby and I love that fact that it's only limited by your own imagination...... Well that and being able to keep affording to buy camera gear and finding the time to get to locations!

Let's make this forum the best Sony Alpha forum on the net!

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks for introducing yourself Mike. That is certainly a good collection of cameras that you have been through! :) I'm not promoting the forum to heavily just yet as I try to work out a few little bugs, but will hopefully be able to ramp it up soon.

Back