Followers
Following
Name
Bob
Country
United States
City/State
So Cal
Hi, I am a semi retired professional photographer having worked for the better part of 45years in the business. Now I mostly just shoot for myself, travel, landscape, street, found art and people. I have what I would call three photo equipment groups, first one is a collection of old cameras, some representing my history with photography and some just because, the second group would be the highly usable but rarely used older film cameras, like my first real camera a Nikon f and then there are the cameras I use all the time, a group that changes from time to time. Through out my career I have shot with pretty much every camera and format, from 8X10 to Minox, Canon, Nikon, Mamiya and Hasselblad. The Sony camera that inspired me to jump into the Sony full frame world was the Sony RX1R I. I was blown away with the image quality and still love the slightly newer version RX1r II. I started selling my other digital platforms and went all the way with Sony full frame, I have owned and used the Sony RX1r I and II, Sony RX100 III, IV and VI and in FE mount there has been the Sony A7RII, A7RII, A7RIV, A7SII, A7SIII, A9, A1bodies, with a mix of Zeiss and Sony lenses. As of today I shoot pretty much only Sony cameras and lenses, my equipment list consists of a RX1RII, RX100 VI, A1, soon to arrive A7RV, GM 14mm F1.8, G 20mm F1.8, GM 24 F1.4, GM 24mm-70mm F2.8 zoom II, GM 70mm-200mm F.28 zoom II, GM 100mm-400mm F4.6 zoom and the G 200mm-600mm F5.6 zoom, and a SEL 14TC.
I am here to have fun, share ideas and celebrate photography.
Bob

Last edited:
Welcome! Lived in SoCal for 5 yrs (Downtown Los Angeles), I only wish the photography bug had bitten me sooner when I lived there. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Welcome Bob and thank you for joining up here. 45 years in the business is definitely a very good stint! It must be nice to relax a little more and shoot for yourself now. That's definitely a very nice collection of Sony gear you have acquired! If you have any questions about the site please let me know.

Back