HELLO FROM E. CENTRAL FLA

Scooter_Jammer

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
James Kuhn
Howdy folks! Happy to be on-board. I'm a retired Aerospace telecommunications project manager.

I've always had a fascination with photography and the visual arts. These days my interests are strictly hobby oriented.

I've owned a Sony a6000 since they came out. In fact, mine still takes excellent images. I gave it to a friend because I have a new a6700 on 'backorder' with B&H. I have a couple of lenses already and have just ordered the Sigma 16mm f/1.4. The lens gets good reviews, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Besides photography I enjoy working out 3 times a week, metal detecting and history.

b/r

S_J

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from South Florida James!

Sigma 16 does indeed take nice photos: its sharp from corner to corner whether you're taking a picture of something as close as a plate of food or as expansive as a landscape vista. I wanted to use mine for Milkyway shots in the keys when I was there 2 weeks ago, alas the weather had other plans...

Let me know how long that back order takes; I am planning to trade in my a6400 for the a6700 on B&H but I saw that there weren't any in stock.

Welcome James and thank you for joining up here. I hope you don't have too long to wait for your A6700 to arrive! I've just received one to replace my A6400. Seems to be a bit more stock here in the UK. Let me know if you have any questions about the forum.

Welcome to the forum! Wishing you receive your new 6700 soon. Surely you will notice an improvement from the 6000.

Back