Hello From Texas - one of the Sony alpha shooter :)

adiapte

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Aditya
Hello Everyone, I am a new member in alpha shooters forum. Happy to join this forum and share pictures, take great inputs from you all. Cheers !!!

Welcome to the Forum Aditya. What kind of gear are you shooting with?

Welcome Aditya and thank you very much for joining up here and introducing yourself. Just let me know if you have any questions about the forum and have a great start to 2023.

Welcome Aditya and thank you very much for joining up here and introducing yourself. Just let me know if you have any questions about the forum and have a great start to 2023.
Thanks Timothy

Welcome to the Forum Aditya. What kind of gear are you shooting with?
Hi Jeff, currently I own following gear:

Cameras: A74 / A9 / A1
Lenses: Sony 20mm f1.8 / Sony 100-400 GM / Sony 200-600 G / Tamron 28-75 2.8

I am thinking of getting A7R5 as it looks to very interesting camera as compared to A1. Therefore I might sell some of my current gear to get A7R5.

I am on instagram as well, this is my instagram name: adityaapte_photography

Mostly I shoot landscapes and wildlife - mainly birds as didn't get chance to travel much to shoot anything else within last couple years due to covid :)

Nice meeting you all.

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year

Cheers
Adi

Well Adi, you're not short on gear, are you! Like you, I have an interest in the A7RV. Truth be known, the A7 IV takes care of 99% of my shooting needs but that doesn't cure the want. I'm envious of you having two cameras with stacked sensors but I don't shoot any fast action and don't ever anticipate doing so, so the A7 IV isn't limiting. If Sony does a revision to the A1, which they just might in 2023, you can well imagine just how great a revised A1 will be. You can look at what they have done with the A7 IV and the A7R5 and those improvements will hit the A1 for sure. What else, a full time Global electronic shutter? It will be interesting.

Well Adi, you're not short on gear, are you! Like you, I have an interest in the A7RV. Truth be known, the A7 IV takes care of 99% of my shooting needs but that doesn't cure the want. I'm envious of you having two cameras with stacked sensors but I don't shoot any fast action and don't ever anticipate doing so, so the A7 IV isn't limiting. If Sony does a revision to the A1, which they just might in 2023, you can well imagine just how great a revised A1 will be. You can look at what they have done with the A7 IV and the A7R5 and those improvements will hit the A1 for sure. What else, a full time Global electronic shutter? It will be interesting.
Yes I agree. However, after shooting with various gear for last 14 years, I realized that I probably don't need to many megapixels but MP's do help with cropping especially for wildlife/bird photography. I used to shoot with Nikon before and then I moved to Sony with the A9. What I miss in Sony system is mid range telephoto prime lenses which are not too costly, like Nikon's 500 mm f5.6 or 400mm f4.5 or recently they released 800 mm f6.3 which is like $6000. If Sony releases those kind of prime lenses at a better price point, that would be really awesome for everyone. A74 is a great camera in that regard but what it lacks is speed for fast action, that's the reason I got A1 few months back, but its not perfect for low light situations as high mp causes more grain at higher ISO's but A9 is good in that regard but it has less MP means I can't crop much.
Perhaps they should release A9III with around 36 MP sensor....that would be perfect combination of MP's and speed to get best dynamic range as well as it will be perfect for low light work.

Back