Hello from Toronto Ontario

Judy P

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Judy
New to Sony, just purchased aa A7III. Now looking for a great len to go with it. Still have my Olympus OMD Em1 mii
with my favourite lena 12-40mm f2.8.
Now looking for something similar for this new camera.
Let the learning curve begin.
Cheers and thanks for allowing me to join.
JP

Last edited:
Welcome Judy!

Welcome Judy and thank you for joining us here! :) 12-40mm on a Micro Four Thirds camera like the Olympus would be 36-80mm on a full-frame camera like the Sony a7III. A more budget friendly option might be something like the Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III VXD G2. Otherwise the Sony FE 24-105 F4 G is a very popular lens, and Sony has also just released a new FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II. Please do let us know if you have any gear questions or questions about this forum.

Welcome Judy and thank you for joining us here! :) 12-40mm on a Micro Four Thirds camera like the Olympus would be 36-80mm on a full-frame camera like the Sony a7III. A more budget friendly option might be something like the Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III VXD G2. Otherwise the Sony FE 24-105 F4 G is a very popular lens, and Sony has also just released a new FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II. Please do let us know if you have any gear questions or questions about this forum.
Thanks so much for your input. I decided I am going to rent the Sony 24-70 F2.8 from our local camera shop. Try it out and see how I like it.
But have heard great things about this lens.
Cheers.

Thanks so much for your input. I decided I am going to rent the Sony 24-70 F2.8 from our local camera shop. Try it out and see how I like it.
But have heard great things about this lens.
Cheers.
Renting is a great way to try before buying. I expect if you are renting today it will the the Sony 24-70 F2.8 Mark I as the newest Mark II has not started shipping yet. There's only about $300 between the two but the Mark II is 191 grams lighter, has better image quality and faster AF motors. If you are happy with the outgoing lens then you will probably find some great used deals going as many will be trading for the newer lens.

Renting is a great way to try before buying. I expect if you are renting today it will the the Sony 24-70 F2.8 Mark I as the newest Mark II has not started shipping yet. There's only about $300 between the two but the Mark II is 191 grams lighter, has better image quality and faster AF motors. If you are happy with the outgoing lens then you will probably find some great used deals going as many will be trading for the newer lens.
Excellent point …

Back