MILL_A

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
A MILLER
Country
United States
I'm trying to assign aperture and shutter speed to the dials on the A7cii but every time I assign one of them (say I'm in aperture priority) I get this on the bottom of the screen. The dial doesn't do anything. Can't figure out what I did to screw this up. Maybe somewhere the camera assigns them to the touch screen instead of buttons and dials ??
tempImage7k9dwc.jpg
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 back dual wide camera 4.25mm f/1.8
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 640

If you're in aperture priority you probably can't program a shutter dial, the camera will assign a shutter speed when you select your aperture. That's the whole point of aperture priority. The same thing in reverse for shutter priority. You can choose the shutter but the camera does the aperture.

the camera will assign a shutter speed when you select your aperture.

What Brownie said.

So... try changing the mode dial between A and S. The "Oh no you don't" sign should move. The camera is only trying to be helpful here!

Looking at the screenshot it’s saying that you cannot change aperture (x next to Av), but you can change shutter (Tv) and you can change exposure compensation.

That makes me think you may be in Shutter priority mode. Note also that it’s showing a shutter speed in a box. If you move the Left dial, does the shutter speed change?

The other possibility is that you are in Manual mode, but the aperture ring on the lens has moved away from A - is it possible the aperture ring is on f/11?

Back