Hi fellow alpha dogs!

Photodave

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
David Hall
I’m new to this forum, and to the alpha-sphere. A retired tech exec living in upstate NY, I taught photography, am an astro-imager, and was a lifelong Nikon shooter till I saw the light. Awaiting delivery of my new A7r ivA! Glad to learn from you all! 3FDF7695-1EAD-4689-9ABB-F30172962933.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum.

..... How do you like your 200-600 and 135? They are both on my tentative buy list once I sell a mountain of Nikon gear....

David, as you'll soon see after surfing this forum, most BIF (birds in flight) shooters love the 200-600 performance in combo w 7Riv, 9ii, and a1 w RealTime AF tracking in those cams. I don't hear much about the 135 GM, but I swear by it. I have some dragonflies in the Gallery shot w 135, which you can check res on. The 135 is lightning fast focus w the Riv, and is my go-to lens for medium shots.

Kevriano, WeeMalky and many others have great shots w 200-600 which you can check out also. The only real shortcoming for 200-600 for me is, gets heavy after carrying 8-10 hours a day on weekends; skydiver shoots mostly.

You won't be disappointed w your 7Riv, big sensor and great AF tracking. I don't do Astro, but there's a couple guys here that are good at it.

Back