Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I see a lot of people complaining about noise at high ISO on the RIV, which I have really found to not be the case if your exposure is accurate. I've actually been incredibly surprised with some shots. This is an example at ISO 5000, unprocessed, save for a crop to square and a border and signature. It's really quite impressive how much detail is on show. It's a Saki Monkey btw.
DSC00626.jpg

This is an interesting subject. I have the same camera and I agree, if the exposure is correct, and the light is half decent, I have been quite impressed with the noise levels. Shooting the Milky Way brings a little more noise,, but still fully acceptable at ISO 6400. For noise reduction, I use Topaz AI Noise, which I highly recommend.

This is an interesting subject. I have the same camera and I agree, if the exposure is correct, and the light is half decent, I have been quite impressed with the noise levels. Shooting the Milky Way brings a little more noise,, but still fully acceptable at ISO 6400. For noise reduction, I use Topaz AI Noise, which I highly recommend.

Yes, Topaz here too, I have fully processed this image with Topaz now too, so here is the fin
DSC00627.jpg
ished image.

Cheers Mark

I don´t have any problem with good light but had more noise with low light compared to the A9. After some research I found that yes, more resolution, more noise.

I don´t have any problem with good light but had more noise with low light compared to the A9. After some research I found that yes, more resolution, more noise.
mo pixels, mo problems. 🤣

but remember, also more detail to recover and play with? :geek:

Back