I did a little test while away on a cruise recently Sony a9 24-70 Zeiss f4 shot in the pitch black returning to ship

spudhead

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
So, I took this shot as title while away returning to the ship by tender from Patmos Greece
patmos 2022  (3).jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS (SEL2470Z)
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 12800
the available light was the ship lights in the distance as we rounded a headland. shot in raw to test what I could recover in editing later and here it is so comments if you have tried similar shots, and is the shot of any use? or is it useless?

So, I took this shot as title while away returning to the ship by tender from Patmos Greece the available light was the ship lights in the distance as we rounded a headland. shot in raw to test what I could recover in editing later and here it is so comments if you have tried similar shots, and is the shot of any use? or is it useless?
It obviously has deficiencies, but then you already knew that or you wouldn't have asked! It's a cool shot nonetheless. I like the light from the ship and the frame created by the rocks on the left and the way the ship's bow is shadowed on the right. Is it useless? All depends on what you want it for. It may not stand up to printing in large size, but as a memory of the trip it's priceless.

It obviously has deficiencies, but then you already knew that or you wouldn't have asked! It's a cool shot nonetheless. I like the light from the ship and the frame created by the rocks on the left and the way the ship's bow is shadowed on the right. Is it useless? All depends on what you want it for. It may not stand up to printing in large size, but as a memory of the trip it's priceless.
Always good to see you replying, Tim and all valued points and thanks from all on here for being a driving force on Sony alpha forum, I am really glad you stuck with us🙂

Always good to see you replying, Tim and all valued points and thanks from all on here for being a driving force on Sony alpha forum, I am really glad you stuck with us🙂
Well, maybe not all... :ROFLMAO:

Well, maybe not all... :ROFLMAO:
You know what this forum was not a good fit for me at first, just as it wasn't for you, I came to the forum with an interest in large cats and animal photography but unfortunately there are not many of those roaming around the Uk in the wild so obviously zoos and wildlife parks are frowned on, so I started to learn to shoot birds and other things. And for you no one seems interested in your car shots, but still you have become a driving force on here, so few people contribute, and some just visit one a month if you get me! credit Tim seriously

Back