Name
Rick Veazey
Country
United States
City/State
Greenville, SC
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I picked up a used Sigma 70mm f/2.8 Macro lens this past week. Here are a couple of insect shots I took yesterday.

Picture-winged fly
JRV03076-dng_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO | Art 018
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 100

Dimorphic Jumping Spider
JRV00002-dng_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 320

Another shot more tightly cropped.
JRV03086-dng_DxO_DeepPRIMEXD.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 640

Very nice Rick. Looks good and sharp.

Yes, they are. I tried getting a Focus Stacked image of the spider but it moved enough to prevent combining the images.

Good stuff, very well done! I've noticed how people take macro photos of dead bugs and I find it super creepy. I mean, would someone take a picture of a dead mammal?

Good stuff, very well done! I've noticed how people take macro photos of dead bugs and I find it super creepy. I mean, would someone take a picture of a dead mammal?
I have seen a suggestion to put a butterfly, for example, in the freezer for a few minutes and then take the photos. It will then warm up and fly away.

For these shots, I was heading out to take photos of some birds and saw the insects on my car door so I went back inside and grabbed my macro lens. The insects were still there when I got back outside so I was able to get some shots.

I went back inside and grabbed my macro lens. The insects were still there when I got back outside so I was able to get some shots.
Some people have all the luck. If it were me, they'd have been in the next county!

According to the TV show ’Still Dead’ it took as special kind of photographer to take pictures of the dead.

Back