Other Jodrell Bank

Debs

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Debbie Davies
I popped along to see the Jodrell Bank telescopes recently. The site was closed but I managed to grab these shots from the surrounding road.

Hope you like them
Debs
DSC00150bw copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 50mm F1.8
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400
DSC00145BW copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 50mm F1.8
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 400

Last edited:
I popped along to see the Jodrell Bank telescopes recently. The site was closed but I managed to grab these shots from the surrounding road.

Hope you like them
Debs
hi Debs when you post shots you need to click on insert full image to show full size images (y)

hi Debs when you post shots you need to click on insert full image to show full size images (y)
OK. I think I've done that now. Thanks for the advice 😀

Love the dramatic B&W, top shot for me. Assuming you added the noise for effect?

Love the dramatic B&W, top shot for me. Assuming you added the noise for effect?
I'm not sure I can take the credit for the noise. I hadn't intended on taking any "decent" photographs on the day. Topped off with very bad light, being a long way away and not actually getting out of my car I just wanted something for myself to look back on.

Team that up with the post processing being the first time I had used Photoshop in way to many years I'm just happy I got something rather than nothing!

All that being said I'm not disappointed with the results.

Debs

I'm not sure I can take the credit for the noise. I hadn't intended on taking any "decent" photographs on the day. Topped off with very bad light, being a long way away and not actually getting out of my car I just wanted something for myself to look back on.

Team that up with the post processing being the first time I had used Photoshop in way to many years I'm just happy I got something rather than nothing!

All that being said I'm not disappointed with the results.

Debs
I like them, if anything the noise adds to the feel. Although I'm surprised at the amount for that ISO, the sensor in that camera is very capable in low light.

I like them, if anything the noise adds to the feel. Although I'm surprised at the amount for that ISO, the sensor in that camera is very capable in low light.
The original RAW images were very smooth and flat and showed little detail on the structure of the dish. So I pushed the detail extraction quite hard.

The results were nice detail in the dish and structure in the sky but way over done for noise.

If I re-do the post work I'll work on the dish and sky separately and blend them back together.

Debs

The original RAW images were very smooth and flat and showed little detail on the structure of the dish. So I pushed the detail extraction quite hard.

The results were nice detail in the dish and structure in the sky but way over done for noise.

If I re-do the post work I'll work on the dish and sky separately and blend them back together.

Debs
Nah, not complaining, I like them. I'm a bit technically oriented is all!

Good on you Deb! Must feel good to have a camera back in your hands. 😃

Back