Followers
Following
Name
Mark Weekes
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Buckinghamshire
Hi all, hope your having a great weekend, just joined the site, I'm from Buckinghamshire in the UK.
I shoot mostly birds/wildlife and a bit of landscape as love being outdoors. I've been a Nikon addict for the last few years, bought and sold many camera bodies and lenses, really wanted a mirrorless, tried a Z6 and hated it with a passion and eventually ended up with a D500. The thing I really missed was the EVF, and also have been pondering over a switch to Sony for a while, taking into account budget etc, part exchange value to be exact, I was drawn between the A7iii and the A6400, after much reading and YouTube watching, I've part ex'd all my Nikon gear, body & 7 lenses!!! and gone for the A6400, and the 18-135 + 70-350 lenses for now, and a future list of the 10-18mm f4 & 200-600mm. Just looking forward to it arriving now so I can get out and try it.

Welcome Mark and thank you very much for joining up here! :) Glad to hear that you have been able to get hold of an a6400 as Sony has stopped selling them due to the chip shortage, but recently they started producing them again which is good news as it's a very popular camera. If you have any questions when your a6400 turns up or questions about this forum please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great week too!

Welcome Mark and thank you very much for joining up here! :) Glad to hear that you have been able to get hold of an a6400 as Sony has stopped selling them due to the chip shortage, but recently they started producing them again which is good news as it's a very popular camera. If you have any questions when your a6400 turns up or questions about this forum please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great week too!
Tim, according to the flag on your profile photo you must have obtained dual Citizenship.

Tim, according to the flag on your profile photo you must have obtained dual Citizenship.
🤣 That’s just my VPN messing things up. Just the one passport for now! 🙂

Hi all, hope your having a great weekend, just joined the site, I'm from Buckinghamshire in the UK.
I shoot mostly birds/wildlife and a bit of landscape as love being outdoors. I've been a Nikon addict for the last few years, bought and sold many camera bodies and lenses, really wanted a mirrorless, tried a Z6 and hated it with a passion and eventually ended up with a D500. The thing I really missed was the EVF, and also have been pondering over a switch to Sony for a while, taking into account budget etc, part exchange value to be exact, I was drawn between the A7iii and the A6400, after much reading and YouTube watching, I've part ex'd all my Nikon gear, body & 7 lenses!!! and gone for the A6400, and the 18-135 + 70-350 lenses for now, and a future list of the 10-18mm f4 & 200-600mm. Just looking forward to it arriving now so I can get out and try it.
Welcome! Love my a6400 and always looking at lenses, seems like you've got an excellent starting point with the 18-135 ad the 70-350.

Mark, I see the 10-18 lens in your future list. Rumor has it that Sony is introducing a new 10-20mm f4 lens. Maybe the 10-18mm is getting replaced? Tamron's 11-20 is also a very good option for a wide lens since it has a brighter maximum aperture of f2.8.

Mark, I see the 10-18 lens in your future list. Rumor has it that Sony is introducing a new 10-20mm f4 lens. Maybe the 10-18mm is getting replaced? Tamron's 11-20 is also a very good option for a wide lens since it has a brighter maximum aperture of f2.8.
Thanks for the heads up on the 10-20mm, i'll have a look into that. Been looking at the reviews on the Tamron 150-500, don't suppose you've any experience or knowledge on this lens?

Thanks for the heads up on the 10-20mm, i'll have a look into that. Been looking at the reviews on the Tamron 150-500, don't suppose you've any experience or knowledge on this lens?
No, sadly I haven't owned anything longer than the 18-135. Every full moon I wish I had the 70-350, but then I realize I don't do bird photography so I find it hard to justify the expense for a telephoto lens. I like shooting landscape, flowers and family events. For me, the Tamron 17-70 is almost everything I need.

I actually bought the 10-18 to vlog, but then realized a GoPro does a better job of stabilizing walk and talk footage than the a6400 + 10-18mm combo. Right now, the Sony 10-18 and Sigma 16 compete for "least used lens" award in my collection.

Back