Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I spent the day Tuesday in Mike Dunlevy's excellent kingfisher hide near to Market Drayton, Shropshire. Due to covid I had the hide to myself which was quite nice :) I had the a9 + 90mm setup for diving shots and triggered with the Sony RMT-P1BT remote. Ideally a nice fast shutter speed of around 1/4000 would be ideal for this type of shot, but the light wasn't playing ball so I had to drop it down to 1/1600. It was my first time trying these type of dive shots and I can definitely see how it could be addictive! Mike has a fantastic setup and is extremely knowledgeable about the kingfishers and their behaviour. Highly recommend a visit if you are in the UK! Will post some perched shots soon.

kingfisher-diving-a9-2048px.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 8000

Stunning Tim. I will, one day, get into this birding thing!

Very nice

I spent the day Tuesday in Mike Dunlevy's excellent kingfisher hide near to Market Drayton, Shropshire. Due to covid I had the hide to myself which was quite nice :) I had the a9 + 90mm setup for diving shots and triggered with the Sony RMT-P1BT remote. Ideally a nice fast shutter speed of around 1/4000 would be ideal for this type of shot, but the light wasn't playing ball so I had to drop it down to 1/1600. It was my first time trying these type of dive shots and I can definitely see how it could be addictive! Mike has a fantastic setup and is extremely knowledgeable about the kingfishers and their behaviour. Highly recommend a visit if you are in the UK! Will post some perched shots soon.

View attachment 5737
Amazing!!!! Is it cropped? Looks very close for a 90mm.

• Admin
Amazing!!!! Is it cropped? Looks very close for a 90mm.
It's cropped to 4000px. The camera was on a gimbal which was only about 1 meter from where they were diving.

Wow, great shot Tim! Love the water droplets around the bird 👍🙂

• Admin
Wow, great shot Tim! Love the water droplets around the bird 👍🙂
Thanks Mark. It was good fun. Looks like its going to be a while before I get back there again now though :(

Back