Followers
Following
Name
George
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Edinburgh
Little Grebe pics from last week. First shows how well camouflaged they can be, second in open water and 3rd crop showing its meal (and A7RV cropability).

7RV01208.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 320

Attachments

• 7RV01235.jpg
    7RV01235.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 7RV01223.jpg
    7RV01223.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 33
We have these here also and at times they can get a little inquisitive of what you are doing and come closer to the waters edge, and this is when they can make for a good shot here in Australia or where I am. Well done on these shots.

We have these here also and at times they can get a little inquisitive of what you are doing and come closer to the waters edge, and this is when they can make for a good shot here in Australia or where I am. Well done on these shots.
The exact opposite in the UK! Just after I took these pics a couple wandered past me and the grebe fled to the other side of the pond!

I was in AU and NZ 4 years ago and was amazed how tolerant of people the birds were. So much I didn't see though. Fantastic country.

The exact opposite in the UK! Just after I took these pics a couple wandered past me and the grebe fled to the other side of the pond!

I was in AU and NZ 4 years ago and was amazed how tolerant of people the birds were. So much I didn't see though. Fantastic country.
Funny how it works as there are birds in some places that were I am would love to get but where they are plenty of them people call them a pain.
Just across the road from my place is a wet lands and people do feed the ducks and other water birds but you will never see one of the Grebe's there. They will always keep their distance. But they, as said can come quite close enough to get some top shots of them.
Luck of the draw in many cases.

Back