Luts question

edrin spahiu

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
edrin spahiu
hi guys i'm new to Sony but at the moment i'm enjoying it. but still a beginner. anyways any idea how to instal Luts on Sony a7rv? i'm not finding the LUT setting on my camera. when i format the memory card there is a folder LUT under General. really need help

Solution
There are free Sony LUTs on this page from Sony.

Also it states the following.

Compatible cameras

The following cameras are compatible with LUT files:

FX9, FX6, FX3, FX30, ZV-E1
Alpha 7C II, Alpha 7CR, Alpha 6700*

*Other models can be used in conjunction with an external monitor or recorder which can import LUTs.

Hopefully the compatibility will be extended to include more models via firmware updates.
Welcome. Interesting flag, I had to click on it!

I don't know that you can apply an in-camera LUT. I've never seen this question before. LUTs are popular with some manufacturers, but lately with so many showing up in processing software it's just as easy to apply it there, then it can be reversed if you want.

Here's a link to the Sony on-line guide for the RV. It is searchable. I typed in LUT and nothing popped up, maybe you'll have better luck.

The A7CR allows it but not the A7RV (at least, not yet)
From: https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/sony-vs-sony/a7cr-vs-a7r-v/ (Section 5: Video Recording)
You’ll find a good number of extra features as well, like Breathing Compensation and Focus Map. However, the A7CR also allows you to load your own custom LUTs (Look-Up-Table). You can use these as a preview on the monitor or apply them to the recorded footage.

Welcome. Interesting flag, I had to click on it!

I don't know that you can apply an in-camera LUT. I've never seen this question before. LUTs are popular with some manufacturers, but lately with so many showing up in processing software it's just as easy to apply it there, then it can be reversed if you want.

Here's a link to the Sony on-line guide for the RV. It is searchable. I typed in LUT and nothing popped up, maybe you'll have better luck.

thanks for the reply. no i know that luts can be used in post. i did my research. but some cameras has lut setting inside. that was my question. thanks man have a nice day

Compatible cameras

*Other models can be used in conjunction with an external monitor or recorder which can import LUTs.

Hopefully the compatibility will be extended to include more models via firmware updates.

Solution

Compatible cameras

thanks man now i understand it. but i still see the luts folder on a formated memory card from a sony a7rv

Back