Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
M by Montcalm is a 5* hotel located in Shoreditch London, near Old Street Tube. This unusual building is located opposite the Moorfields national eye hospital. I think the architect must have thought it amusing to place such an odd shaped, perspective defying building opposite an eye hospital.

M_by_montcalm_shoreditch-4.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

M_by_montcalm_shoreditch-6.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 99.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 250

M_by_montcalm_shoreditch-5.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 125

A very interesting building. London sure has changed a lot since I visited in 2009. Shot 3 is my favourite as you get the scale. Overall well done.

A very interesting building. London sure has changed a lot since I visited in 2009. Shot 3 is my favourite as you get the scale. Overall well done.
Many thanks Alex, glad you like it. Getting the whole thing in was a challenge because of the lorries and vans on the road. The double decker buses were also a challenge. Had to get them in just the right place so they weren’t an obstruction. And it was cold hanging around for the right shot!

That's in Shoreditch? There goes the neighbourhood...

:ROFLMAO:

Weird/Interesting architecture, beautifully photographed 👍

That's in Shoreditch? There goes the neighbourhood...

:ROFLMAO:

Weird/Interesting architecture, beautifully photographed 👍
Many thanks Thad. This area likes to consider itself part of Shoreditch, its really on the very edge. It's at the 'Silicon Roundabout' so probably more Hoxton than Shoreditch.

Back