Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Kent
Following on from my original post in which I sought feedback, I purchased the Sony 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens to try out on my A6500. I've spent a couple of days trying it out and have to admit to being really pleased with the results. These aren't true macro pictures but they are the kind of close-up image I like to take and this lens with its short focussing distance fits the bill for me. Thanks to Timothy Mayo for the suggestion, decision made. I'll be selling the underused expensive 90mm macro and sticking with the half the price 18-135mm zoom which I know will get far more use.

Attachments

• Bee on Buddleia.jpg
    Bee on Buddleia.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Bee on Budleia.jpg
    Bee on Budleia.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Rust.jpg
    Rust.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 68
Kazza: a suggestion here.....when posting images, assuming that you're uploading from your computer, once an image is in here, rather than hitting "thumbnail" click on "full image," which then displays the full photo right off the bat, which is easier for viewers, as they don't need to click on the thumbnail to look at the larger view of the actual image in terms of taking in all the detail, etc.

Kazza: a suggestion here.....when posting images, assuming that you're uploading from your computer, once an image is in here, rather than hitting "thumbnail" click on "full image," which then displays the full photo right off the bat, which is easier for viewers, as they don't need to click on the thumbnail to look at the larger view of the actual image in terms of taking in all the detail, etc.
Thanks, I have done full picture on every other post, don't know why I didn’t on this post.

Following on from my original post in which I sought feedback, I purchased the Sony 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens to try out on my A6500. I've spent a couple of days trying it out and have to admit to being really pleased with the results. These aren't true macro pictures but they are the kind of close-up image I like to take and this lens with its short focussing distance fits the bill for me. Thanks to Timothy Mayo for the suggestion, decision made. I'll be selling the underused expensive 90mm macro and sticking with the half the price 18-135mm zoom which I know will get far more use.
Lovely photos Kazza! It's a big relief that you are happy with my suggestion as well! :) If you entered your birth date here correctly I wish you a very happy birthday! :)

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back