Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Oxleas Wood, London. Which edit do you prefer, I'm leaning towards the second, brighter image (also slightly different crop)?
autumn_path_oxleyswood_hdr-5.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
  • 140.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 5000

autumn_path_oxleyswood_hdr-3_edited.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
  • 140.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 5000

Last edited:

Fully agree with #2 edit. For me the 1st looks a little to busy.

2. More pleasant and "foresty" if that was a word.

Fully agree with #2 edit. For me the 1st looks a little to busy.
Thanks Ralph, I agree, the 2nd is the better edit.

Thanks Tim, I agree with all you guys, the 2nd is the better edit, I like the colours and the brightness of the second edit, I also prefer the crop, just getting in the top of the old gas light.

I'd split the difference!

The first one seems to have more depth, but could do with some added brightness.

I like the inclusion of the tree trunk on the left. Without it the image would feel too airy. You've maintained the feeling of a passage way there, one of your best ones in my eyes mate. ✅

I'd split the difference!

The first one seems to have more depth, but could do with some added brightness.
Thanks Thad, I also like the first one, it has a mysterious moody feel to it. But I think I prefer the second one. Depends on your mood at the time.

I like the inclusion of the tree trunk on the left. Without it the image would feel too airy. You've maintained the feeling of a passage way there, one of your best ones in my eyes mate. ✅
Thanks Clint. I've walked past this alley many times and taken loads of pictures of it, but this is the first one I've really liked enough to share. I do like the colours and brightness of the second edit, but the first edit is also quite good in my opinion, for different reasons. It looks more mysterious and the growing darkness as your eye moves along the passage draws you in. I recently discovered that the alley has a name, its called Stoney Alley, and it's actually in Jack Wood, which is adjacent to Oxleas Wood - I thought it was all one wood. It is also quiet an ancient path. I think the light post in the image is actually an old (damaged) gas light from about the early 1800s. But that in itself is a bit odd, why would you install a gas light in the woods, and how would you get gas to it? While this is actually in London, it is so far away from central London that I wouldn't have thought they had street gas lights. All part of the fun of exploring and photographing.

Back