Birds male kestrel from January this year comments please not sure about the edit

spudhead

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
ok as title I have had a number of shots taken in harsh back lit sunlight hence a lot of + ev applied at time of shooting I have tried editing several times and I am not sure this works so comments if you like
kestrel 2023.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 200–600mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS (SEL200600G)
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 2500

I would have shifted it more to the right but other than that looks good. The halo it looks like it fades into the sky well.

I would have shifted it more to the right but other than that looks good. The halo it looks like it fades into the sky well.
Thanks for looking I have tried lots of crops edits as stated not sure it works, cheers David (y)

I like it. The halo isn't awful at all. I see quite a bit of blue in the underside of the bird. I wonder if you pull the blue back some, would it also help with the halo? Agree with David, give him a little more room in front.

I like it. The halo isn't awful at all. I see quite a bit of blue in the underside of the bird. I wonder if you pull the blue back some, would it also help with the halo? Agree with David, give him a little more room in front.
Tim I will give the crop suggestion a go I am sat on about 200+ plus shots from the same session and I have possibly never been nearer a kestrel or any bird in flight so if I can sort the editing it would be good (y)

Agree with the guy's above, Gary. I see a heap of blue on the bird with the orange maybe needing to be slightly darker too. Can be so time consuming when you really want to make an image work. I don't see any dramas with sharpness here though that's for sure!

Looks like the AI removal done a great job with the nail as well. 🏆

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the shot is good but I too would pull the blue back a bit and see how it looks.

I would be more than very happy with a shot like that. But this is my view point which can differ from others points of view.
But I like it a lot.

Agree with the guy's above, Gary. I see a heap of blue on the bird with the orange maybe needing to be slightly darker too. Can be so time consuming when you really want to make an image work. I don't see any dramas with sharpness here though that's for sure!

Looks like the AI removal done a great job with the nail as well. 🏆
Cheers Clint no nails used mate or smart Ai (y)

I would be more than very happy with a shot like that. But this is my view point which can differ from others points of view.
But I like it a lot.
Thanks Ralph :)

Back