Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Talk about a missed opportunity, I was driving past Duxford this afternoon and was caught in a 15 minute tailback. Out of nowhere comes a big wing formation of 14 Spitfires and 3 Hurricanes, what a sound and what a sight! Luckily I could see them through my huge car sun roof, but unluckily, my camera kit was in the boot (trunk for the cousins across the pond). It turns out this was the annual Battle of Britain Air Show! Moral to the story, always keep your camera kit handy and by your side. I hope someone from this forum was there!

Last edited:
Not like your missed chance I only the other day while out birding I was back in the car when a 5 foot Brown snake came for the other side of the road.
I tried to get my camera out and myself out of the car the get the shot but it was too quick, so I was let down for being so slow.

Not like your missed chance I only the other day while out birding I was back in the car when a 5 foot Brown snake came for the other side of the road.
I tried to get my camera out and myself out of the car the get the shot but it was too quick, so I was let down for being so slow.
Ralph, that sounds lucky to me, lucky you didn't step on it!

Ralph, that sounds lucky to me, lucky you didn't step on it!
Honestly most snake are as scare of you as you are of them. Just walking about can scare them off. Though there are a few which will stand their ground but they are not in my area. Thought you don't want to push them too hard like I did once and it started to come for me. So just got to be aware of where you step.

I was walking through an open range zoo, along one of the paths, when a juvenile tiger snake, no more than a foot long, crossed the path in front of me. I took two shots, but they were a bit blurred (shaky hands - the juveniles are more deadly than the adults because they don't control their venom - they just inject the lot!). Fortunately it just crossed the path and disappeared into the undergrowth on the other side.

I'd have loved a chance to catch a formation of Spitfires!

Back