Following
Name
Loke
Country
Norway
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hello!

One of the first things i wanted to take picture of when i got a camera was the Roe Deer that frequently is eating and sleeping in my backyard. So here it goes. To be my first picture im decent satisfied with the object itself, but the settings is messy and there is a lot of clutter in the image. Constructive critisism is welcome :)

_DSC2006_red.jpg
  • ILCE-7R
  • E 100-400mm F5-6.3
  • 300.6 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 1000

Hi, Loke.

Oh - your deer look different from ours in southern British Columbia, Canada. While not an unusual sight, I haven't caught one on camera yet.

About your photo - I found it mildly distracting - not being able to see the hooves.

I would like to have seen the hooves as well. But as for the rest it’s a picture of a deer in its environment.

Hi, Loke.

Oh - your deer look different from ours in southern British Columbia, Canada. While not an unusual sight, I haven't caught one on camera yet.

About your photo - I found it mildly distracting - not being able to see the hooves.

Yes - this is the type of roe we have in Europe, its slightly different to the east, more brown in color, i think that is more like your type in Canada! I agree with you, i should have taken the picture with a little less focal length, would be better to se more of the legs and also maybe hooves. Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to have seen the hooves as well. But as for the rest it’s a picture of a deer in its environment.

Thank you for your feedback!

As for the deer itself, is it in ok focus, sharp enough? I always feel that i want even sharper pictures. And ofcourse if ive had some other background it would be better, so that the deer itself would become even more in focus in the picture, not clutted up by my red-currant bushes :LOL:

Another Roe deer! In the mid of shedding the winter coat!

Rådyr-1-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7R
  • E 100-400mm F5-6.3
  • 383.4 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 640

Back