People My first attempt shooting potraits

lodbrok

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
My wife's beautyful grand-daughter asked me to take some shots of her and so I did. I used the softskin effect on the A7 IV (jpeg)
DSC07632.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • SAMYANG AF 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 200
DSC07632z.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • SAMYANG AF 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 200

She can't be too upset with these results mate. Great job! 🥇
Thanks! She was very happy with the results. Next request from here is if I can take some shots when she's riding here favorit horse.. I sad yes. Next portraits I will crank up the Fstop.

Beautiful subject, great composition not bad for a first Lodbrok...!!!
Thanks! It was quit fun doing this type of shooting. And her sister too was very pleased with the session. Here's one of her sister.
DSC07620x.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • SAMYANG AF 135mm F1.8
  • 135.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 200

She is absolutely gorgeous and that’s a portrait portraying no less.
Thanks Gaz! I had to persuade her to unleash her hair.She always keep it in a rubber-band.

Another nice shot Lodbrok, of another family beauty....

As you go down your portrait journey, much like landshark's comments above,
suggest a little more emphasis on the eyes in terms of sharp focus, well lit (fill flash,
direct diffuse sun or reflected natural light) and gaze orientated to take full advantage
of the eye lighting interaction...

Much in wildlife photography also, sharp, well lit eyes always gives a portrait a tremendous
quality boost....

From your 2 posted images you already have the background and model positioning
well covered.....

Hope this helps.......

I'll be waiting in suspense to see these images with her horse. As I've stated before, I absolutely adore that relationship between horse and owner and there are few things in the world which can quite match it in beauty. It's an extremely special thing to observe.

Another nice shot Lodbrok, of another family beauty....

As you go down your portrait journey, much like landshark's comments above,
suggest a little more emphasis on the eyes in terms of sharp focus, well lit (fill flash,
direct diffuse sun or reflected natural light) and gaze orientated to take full advantage
of the eye lighting interaction...

Much in wildlife photography also, sharp, well lit eyes always gives a portrait a tremendous
quality boost....

From your 2 posted images you already have the background and model positioning
well covered.....

Hope this helps.......
Hi yeah my next session I defently will use more Fstops like F4 (from F1,8) to get both eyes in focus and maybee crank up the EV a bit. Also a bad habbit to have the monitor set to bright-sunlight rather then manuel..

I'll be waiting in suspense to see these images with her horse. As I've stated before, I absolutely adore that relationship between horse and owner and there are few things in the world which can quite match it in beauty. It's an extremely special thing to observe.
Yes. Yust hope I will nail it.. 🤔

Back