Native Orchid

Slug

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Close
Corybas fimbriatus (Fringed Helmet orchid).

Helmit 4r.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • 105mm F2.8
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 400

That's got to be the most unique orchid I've ever seen!
Though to be fair, I'm really only familiar with 3 species of orchids (Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, and Cattleya).

That's got to be the most unique orchid I've ever seen!
Though to be fair, I'm really only familiar with 3 species of orchids (Phalaenopsis, Dendrobium, and Cattleya).
Thanks for the comment. I have a few of the more common residential orchids at home just coming into flower at the moment. (Cymbidium and Phalaenopsis).

The little native bush orchids fascinate me as they are so tiny (my example is only 1 cm or a 1/4 of an inch across the flower head). It's a joy to walk in the bush and find these little treasures in areas you think nothing could grow.

Different species appear at different times of the year so there's always something to look out for. Always a challenge to photograph!

Thanks for the comment. I have a few of the more common residential orchids at home just coming into flower at the moment. (Cymbidium and Phalaenopsis).

The little native bush orchids fascinate me as they are so tiny (my example is only 1 cm or a 1/4 of an inch across the flower head). It's a joy to walk in the bush and find these little treasures in areas you think nothing could grow.

Different species appear at different times of the year so there's always something to look out for. Always a challenge to photograph!
You did a great job.

That's so cool, such a neat find!

Back