Followers
Following
Name
Tracy
Country
Canada
City/State
Calgary
I took it to our zoo last night with a photo group, led by a wildlife photographer. Fabulous walk. I couldn't believe how much better this little camera grabbed focus. It nailed the eye focus even better than the 6400, and was ahead by a mile for birds. Looking at the photos in camera, it looks like they will be absolute winners.....BUT
My computer cannot read any of the images. (Mac). And Lightroom doesn't support (therefore, I cannot put through to my little T7 SSD). Can someone confirm that this is temporary?? Or am I simply doing something wrong?

I took it to our zoo last night with a photo group, led by a wildlife photographer. Fabulous walk. I couldn't believe how much better this little camera grabbed focus. It nailed the eye focus even better than the 6400, and was ahead by a mile for birds. Looking at the photos in camera, it looks like they will be absolute winners.....BUT
My computer cannot read any of the images. (Mac). And Lightroom doesn't support (therefore, I cannot put through to my little T7 SSD). Can someone confirm that this is temporary?? Or am I simply doing something wrong?
Temporary. It always takes the software companies a while to catch up when new cameras are released.

One of the foibles of a new camera, waiting for the software people to catch up. Get on Adobe support and ask them when it will be updated, it usually doesn’t take too long.

Good to hear it’s working well. For all I complain about some of Sony’s policies and practices, they do not skimp on AF regardless of the model. It’s their claim to fame.

That's great! How much of an improvement is the overall handling of it?

Sony Imaging Edge is a free download for both PC and Mac. It will read all Sony RAW images and convert to TIFF. You can do a little editing with it but best left to a better editing program as a TIFF input.

I took it to our zoo last night with a photo group, led by a wildlife photographer. Fabulous walk. I couldn't believe how much better this little camera grabbed focus. It nailed the eye focus even better than the 6400, and was ahead by a mile for birds. Looking at the photos in camera, it looks like they will be absolute winners.....
That is great news!
The editing softwares will catch up soon.
What about Capture One Express? its a bit limited compared to full programs, but its free and I think they keep it fairly up to date.

what lens were you using? Curious to know how the balance feels with a long lens

That's great! How much of an improvement is the overall handling of it?
@Hoodless, it is almost like holding a full frame camera. Very, very similar to my A7R3. Larger grip, front dials (2), it feels way better "in-hand" than the 6400 if that makes sense.

That is great news!
The editing softwares will catch up soon.
What about Capture One Express? its a bit limited compared to full programs, but its free and I think they keep it fairly up to date.
@fft - I can view using the Sony editing. But I am not greatly enamoured with the editing level of Capture One, compared to say, LRC. I am glad to hear, it will likely be temporary.

what lens were you using? Curious to know how the balance feels with a long lens
@Nooker, I was using my 70-350G, for APSC, but also my Tamron 70-180f2.8 (which I normally have on my full-frame). They both felt fabulous on the camera......the 70-350 of course being much lighter. This was a Sony sponsored event, so many folks had the opportunity to rent lenses for the time, and I saw many trying out the 200-600 on full frame. Have to confess......the 70-350 on a cropped sensor, has further reach, and is much, much smaller, and is much, much lighter. And comparing afterward, I am not sure that their captures were better. I know that will spark debate, but I was extremely happy with the nailed images of the 6700

@fft - I can view using the Sony editing. But I am not greatly enamoured with the editing level of Capture One, compared to say, LRC. I am glad to hear, it will likely be temporary.
Can capture one save as a PNG? If so, upload to capture one, convert to PNG, then use your chosen software for processing.

I find my little finger sitting under the A6700, but I see there is a SmallRig plate to suit it - I have a SmallRig plate on the A7RV, and I'm fairly confident the plate for the A6700 plate would provide equally good grip - I'm trying it without first for lowest weight. It's not bad.

The 70-200 f/4 G II handles really well on the A6700 in both landscape and portrait orientations. It amuses me that this combination is lighter that some 70-200 f/2.8 lenses alone.

I'm processing the RAWs from the A6700 using the newly released Adobe Camera RAW support for the camera.

Back