Following
Name
Jenny
Country
United States
City/State
California
Hello all,

I am a new Sony user. I bought the Sony A6000 so I could bring it with me to Paris and London for my 50th birthday in September. All my other cameras are Canon and Nikon. Though I've always wanted to try out a mirrorless camera.

I plan on buying another lens to take with me. Anyways, my website name is jennyspixs and I mainly photograph muscle cars,ships, tugboats and other Maritime related shots. I do some landscapes but haven't taken any in awhile since my dad passed away.

Hope to get back into it this summer.

Looking forward to learning more about the Sony cameras.

Thanks,

The 6000 series are perfect for travel photography. You will enjoy shooting with it. Just experiment during the summer at home before your European trip. Welcome!

Welcome Jenny!
The a6000 and its relatives (a6100-6600) are such compact bodies, paired with the right lens, they're great for vacations. Case in point, the Sony 18-135 is a nice all-in-one type of lens that is compact, has good range, and has optical stabilization. Its only compromise is that it doesn't have a wide aperture, but you will see that compromise in many APSC lenses: you either get compact package OR large aperture, and rarely both.
Enjoy!

Edit: forgot to say a few things:
1. Definitely pick up a spare battery
2. Check out Kensington gardens when you're in London (I went last year before it was in full bloom and it was still beautiful).
3. London Eye is interesting as a tourist, not to be missed! but for photography it makes a better subject than a photography platform.

Last edited:
The 6000 series are perfect for travel photography. You will enjoy shooting with it. Just experiment during the summer at home before your European trip. Welcome!
Thank you. I have already taken some photos of my dog and the old ships near where I live. I plan on buying another lens as well.

Welcome Jenny!
The a6000 and its relatives (a6100-6600) are such compact bodies, paired with the right lens, they're great for vacations. Case in point, the Sony 18-135 is a nice all-in-one type of lens that is compact, has good range, and has optical stabilization. Its only compromise is that it doesn't have a wide aperture, but you will see that compromise in many APSC lenses: you either get compact package OR large aperture, and rarely both.
Enjoy!

Edit: forgot to say a few things:
1. Definitely pick up a spare battery
2. Check out Kensington gardens when you're in London (I went last year before it was in full bloom and it was still beautiful).
3. London Eye is interesting as a tourist, not to be missed! but for photography it makes a better subject than a photography platform.

Thank you for the welcome to the group. I was looking at the 18-135 and another similar lens to the one mentioned. I have plenty of spare batteries and other necessary accessories for it.

I've been making my list of places to see when we are in London and Paris.

Back