New Sony User

DPJ

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
DPJ
Hi - Just bought the A9ii so I’m looking forward to getting it and getting up and running.
Hopefully as I’ve never owned a Sony before, I’ll get some tips and tricks here so I get to grips with the camera. I’m told it’s quite good 😊
My interests are ….. sports photography.
Thanks in advance.

I have the A7 3 and its quick and accurate focus with the 24 - 240 zoom and the 55mm f/1.8 Zeiss/Sony make it good for fast action. Just point the damned thing and hammer on that shutter button and you will see how well you are doing. And welcome aboard. There is a good pool of knowledge here.

I actually had the A7iv on order but when it came I changed to the A9ii instead. 😳
Wanted to get indoor sports shots in lower light. Although the A7iv appears good in this respect I’m told the A9ii is better and focuses better. But …. I’ll see lol

Welcome DPJ! How are you getting on with your new a9II now?

Hi to all the new Sony people!
As you populate your lens collection, be sure to check out the Fred Miranda "Buy and Sell" forums. Excellent prices on barely used and like-new stuff, including memory cards.
Really cheap to sell stuff too - instead of a !0% charge or worse, it's a flat $40 for 3 months to list/sell as much as you want.
There is also a "Want to Buy" category in the forum.
Not a paid promoter! just sharing good info.

I am not sure if this is the right place for this comment but I just love my 24 - 240 Sony zoom. It covers just about all I want to shoot. It resolves very well with excellent color. It pretty much lives on my A7M III.

Back