New to the group

Brenda

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Brenda Smith
Hi, I purchased a Sony a6400 camera and some lenses. I'm very excited to learn how to take amazing pictures. Would like advice on what external flash and accessories would work with my camera. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20210712_162523.jpg
    20210712_162523.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 19
Welcome! Is that the 18-135 on the right?
What kind of shooting do you do? Looks like you're covered from Portraits to Wildlife with those lenses!

Welcome Brenda and thanks for joining up here! What sort of accessories are you looking for? As for an external flash, it really depends what you will be using it for and how much power you are going to need. If you want to mount the flash to the a6400 then you're probably not going to want anything too big, so you might want to look at something like the Godox TT350S Mini Thinklite TTL Flash or the Sony HVL-F28RM.

Welcome Brenda and thanks for joining up here! What sort of accessories are you looking for? As for an external flash, it really depends what you will be using it for and how much power you are going to need. If you want to mount the flash to the a6400 then you're probably not going to want anything too big, so you might want to look at something like the Godox TT350S Mini Thinklite TTL Flash or the Sony HVL-F28RM.
Thank you! Looking forward to learning and eventually taking beautiful pictures. Right now I'm just purchasing accessories I may need.

Welcome to the community. Glad to have you aboard. You've got some good kit so now you will have to go out and use it. It's OK to take a "bad" picture. We all do. We try not to repeat the mistake. And we all started at the same place: complete ignorance.

Brenda, you have to get rid of that big old heavy white lens. That's just going to drag you down! To help you out, I'll trade my Godox flash for it. I'll wait for your PM. :sleep:

Back